Interesting promotional marketing idea

Survivor

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've been really trying to think out of the box on marketing. I'm tired of cold calling and being just like every other agent and salesman for that matter. Newspaper and radio adds are god awful expensive. I'd like to try some passive marketing with some promotional products.

I was thinking it would be good to have a little coloring book made, just a couple of pages, with my name and card somewhere on it. Then, distribute these to pediatrician offices with a bucket of crayons with the understanding that they will give every child a coloring book to play with while waiting to see the doctor.

What do y'all think?

What other ways are there to do creative marketing?

Where can I find a good company that offers different promotional knick knacks like this?

whether or not it's "like that" I dunno but there is a website, lumpymail or something similar. Don't know .com, .net, and too lazy to look.

you will recognize the hallmark of DeanCipriano, htough!

Dean Cipriano? Did anyone try his stuff and selling large cases for whole life at home in their underwear? ;-)

I've been really trying to think out of the box on marketing. I'm tired of cold calling and being just like every other agent and salesman for that matter. Newspaper and radio adds are god awful expensive. I'd like to try some passive marketing with some promotional products.

I was thinking it would be good to have a little coloring book made, just a couple of pages, with my name and card somewhere on it. Then, distribute these to pediatrician offices with a bucket of crayons with the understanding that they will give every child a coloring book to play with while waiting to see the doctor.

What do y'all think?

What other ways are there to do creative marketing?

Where can I find a good company that offers different promotional knick knacks like this?

http://lifehappens.org/pdf/printable...urance-pcg.pdf <--- This is called what you need to know about Life Insurance. They will print it out and send it to you for 35 cent a copy.

If you want some out of the box marketing like you said then check this out. This is how Mark Rosenthal Sells Ins. <-----

CLick Here for tons of prospecting ideas.

Last edited:
What type of insurance are you trying to sell? I'm sure the parents would appreciate the coloring books but I don't know that it'd be that productive since the people enjoying your giveaway aren't your prospects.
My credit union has an in-house insurance agency but still lets another organization come in and peddle their garbage WL products. If you have a smaller (or even larger) bank or credit union in your area you might be able to do a similar thing. Offering your expertise as a service would be bringing them value and not cost them anything. If you can convince the bank, credit union or maybe even a grocery store that you'd be doing them a service but setting up a table and talking to people that could be a great way to get free leads.

Back