Interesting Read on AK Via Fox

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
Alaska Republicans back bill to prevent ObamaCare meltdown in state

Generally I've seen rates at $100 per 10 years of age across most of the state we work. After reading the article above AK have rates for the mentioned BCBS carrier at twice that rate.

Example $ 800 for a silver plan covering both Hus and Wife. In AK it's $ 1,600 for coverage for hus and wife. There are 2 carriers one of which is leaving in 17 MODA. Their rates were not much better at $1,300 /month.

Running rates for one of my more expensive clients based off their age and number of family members our of MS in AK I was floored. The cheapest Junk plan with expensive copays just for Dr. was $2,977 per month.

So lets look at this for a second.

Household makes $200,00 per year. Family of 5 Hus and wife 50, daughters 21, 23 and 24 all non smokers.

That's $ 35,724 per year. Tag another $ 13,700 for MOOP and that brings the total to $ 49,424.

Sticking it to the middle class since Jan 1 2014...

Alaska Republicans back bill to prevent ObamaCare meltdown in state

Generally I've seen rates at $100 per 10 years of age across most of the state we work. After reading the article above AK have rates for the mentioned BCBS carrier at twice that rate.

Example $ 800 for a silver plan covering both Hus and Wife. In AK it's $ 1,600 for coverage for hus and wife. There are 2 carriers one of which is leaving in 17 MODA. Their rates were not much better at $1,300 /month.

Running rates for one of my more expensive clients based off their age and number of family members our of MS in AK I was floored. The cheapest Junk plan with expensive copays just for Dr. was $2,977 per month.

So lets look at this for a second.

Household makes $200,00 per year. Family of 5 Hus and wife 50, daughters 21, 23 and 24 all non smokers.

That's $ 35,724 per year. Tag another $ 13,700 for MOOP and that brings the total to $ 49,424.

Sticking it to the middle class since Jan 1 2014...

At that point, I'd suggest kicking the kids out on their own plans, hopefully with a subsidy.

Back