Interesting read...

I totally disagree with the article. I've spent hundreds on FB advertising and the CTR is horrible. Most people on Facebook are not in a buying mood, they're there to get the latest gossip. I've found the best leads come from the top search engines or affiliate marketing companies. You want traffic coming in from people actively looking for your product!

I totally disagree with the article. I've spent hundreds on FB advertising and the CTR is horrible. Most people on Facebook are not in a buying mood, they're there to get the latest gossip. I've found the best leads come from the top search engines or affiliate marketing companies. You want traffic coming in from people actively looking for your product!

You are saying that marketing financial products to people when they are watching cat videos and posting birthday photos does not produce good leads?

Shocking.

I guess those agents that are having good success with Facebook leads are just out of luck because it can't be done profitably?..:skeptical:

To your point, organic is always king but this is not even close to a big enough sample size to make this determination.

Cost per lead and app out % are very reasonable for a lot of agents, depending on the product that they're soliciting.

Exactly. The author of the Linkedin article we are discussing (original post) made this claim:

"There are many different forms of traffic, however Facebook advertising is the number one way to generate new business. It completely obliterates all other forms of PPC advertising in terms of performance and is the cheapest form of advertising available (yes - that includes cold calling, TV, Radio, Flyers etc)"

Sorry, but that just hasn't been my experience.

Bullchit . . .

I ran a simple targeted FB Ad campaign Wednesday 5pm till 9pm and then 9am to 1pm yesterday for ACA.

18 new Members @ $15 pmpm for a total ad spend of $100. $3240 annualized commission for $100 spend.

Many FE groups are killing FB Leads . . .

You must be really bad at FB Lead copy / creation.

I write strictly commercial insurance. Will I have good results marketing to someone watching cat videos and posting birthday pictures? Probably not. What about someone selling top tier health insurance? Probably no. Whole life policies? Maybe.

Would someone selling FE or cheap auto insurance? Probably yes. It has to speak well to the audience.

I'd like to ask all those who think Facebook advertising is worthless a question.

Facebook earns $1 BILLION A QUARTER from selling advertising every year.

If Facebook advertising did not work why do they sell that much advertising?

Instead of saying Facebook advertising does not work I think it would be much more accurate to say Facebook advertising does not work for you.

tinman

If Facebook advertising did not work why do they sell that much advertising?

If people only invested in and spent money on things that actually gave them a proper return on their investment, then we would live in an entirely different country. Philip Morris, Mcdonalds and Coca Cola would go out of business. Diabetes killed more Americans yesterday than terrorists did in the last 12 years. All the people that sell spoilers for rice rockets would go out of business. People would save their money and invest instead of going on vacations and buying big screen tv's and then complaining they aren't getting enough from social security when it's time to retire.

I understand marketing and advertising very well. I sold my ad agency to finance my venture into insurance. The targeting ability of Facebook is amazing. I still don't think it would work well for the type of insurance I sell though. I think Facebook would work for some, but not others.

Back