International Long Term Care

InsureGuy5

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone here aware of an insurance company offering long term care plans that will pay benefits outside of the US? I have a couple looking for plans and they spend half the year in Europe.

Anyone here aware of an insurance company offering long term care plans that will pay benefits outside of the US? I have a couple looking for plans and they spend half the year in Europe.

gnw, jh, medam, mutual of omaha, transamerica, etc...

medam has the richest int'l bennies.

Most carriers will pay a reduced international benefit. It's not will they pay but how much of the benefit will they pay.

previously posted by insureguy5

While other carriers will limit thier benefits (amount, benefit period and/or levels of services) outside the US, MedAmerica is the only company that offers 100% of their benefits anywhere in the world, with no restrictions.

previously posted by insureguy5
While other carriers will limit thier benefits (amount, benefit period and/or levels of services) outside the US, MedAmerica is the only company that offers 100% of their benefits anywhere in the world, with no restrictions.

Indeed, Simplicity is unmatched ... alas it is not there anymore.

Genworth will pay for some out of country long term care. I found this document below on the CA Dept. of Insurance's website. It is the Outline of Coverage which is now mandatory for all carriers in California to have. Look at the bottom of page 2 and you will see the paragraph on International Coverage.

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0100-co...rate-history-guide/upload/70025PCOMP7037D.pdf

Back