Internet Lead Closing Ratio

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hey!

I was revewing some of my production over the last few months and wanted to see where a majority of my business is coming from.

Most of it is coming from Internet leads and I am running a closing ratio average of about 16%.

I am a captive agent and was wondering if this is good compared to other agents that get a lot of business from internet leads?

What are you IA's closing at ?

I purchase P&C leads, mostly HO3.

That's a great ratio if your counting leads closed as opposed to policies closed. A lot of captives count policies rather than GWP or house holds.

I'd say that's good for internet leads. I'm happy with anything over 10% for those.

I buy about 10 per week at $10 per lead so $100 total. If i can close 1 policy (my average auto premium is $1,344) with 15% commission I make $202 and it was worth it. I normally calculate ROI by the month.

And then you have to factor in a closed lead is an additional referral source, cross-selling, and the greatest think in the p&c industry which is renewals along with profit share.

I'd say that's good for internet leads. I'm happy with anything over 10% for those.

I buy about 10 per week at $10 per lead so $100 total. If i can close 1 policy (my average auto premium is $1,344) with 15% commission I make $202 and it was worth it. I normally calculate ROI by the month.

And then you have to factor in a closed lead is an additional referral source, cross-selling, and the greatest think in the p&c industry which is renewals along with profit share.

if thats the case why not buy 10 leads a day and increase the profit.

dont be afraid to spend money... If you can find a way to develop your own internet leads your closing ratio will double.

Hey!

I was revewing some of my production over the last few months and wanted to see where a majority of my business is coming from.

Most of it is coming from Internet leads and I am running a closing ratio average of about 16%.

I am a captive agent and was wondering if this is good compared to other agents that get a lot of business from internet leads?

What are you IA's closing at ?

I purchase P&C leads, mostly HO3.

I do not purchase net lead yet. But was wondering what company your using to buy the leads from?

I used to have good luck with their life leads 7-8 years ago - It was hard to get the people to answer but I sold some good policies. I tried them again a year or so ago and they were crap. Your market may be different.

Do netquote & insureme provide quality L&H leads, as well?

had bad experiences with both of those co's netquote was the poorest quality of leads I've ever purchased.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I do not purchase net lead yet. But was wondering what company your using to buy the leads from?

nobody with half a brain cell will release a good lead source, do your homework and look for diamonds in the rough.

Last edited:
16% actually is pretty good, back in the day when I first started as a captive and know one knew or used internet leads I kicked a starting from scratch as a captive. I was closing over 60% for a year then I opened my mouth and all the other agents started to use them.

I am indy now and years later I have not found them to be viable, too many agents getting the leads and the quality seems so much lower.
If you are closing 16% you should have a good ROI so keep that source flowing IMHO, but also build other sources

Back