Internet Lead Process/Script

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I would be interested to see some of your internet lead scripts/processes.

I normally close internet leads in about 2-3 calls. I use GatherPlace and Norvax and it works fairly well.. For every $100 I spend I'm making about $350-$450.

I know some guys on here a much higher ROI (i.e. $100 to make $800+). Internet leads are not my "bread and butter" but I would love to hear some feedback from some of the pros. I don't want to hear Leadpod as an alternative... I'm trying to increase my ROI... :D

I average 8:1 return, mostly by working my leads to death.

I filter heavily on the front end and use companies with liberal return policies. A high percentage of my leads are families and most currently have insurance.

I really can't say how many calls, emails, etc before closing but average gestation is probably around 3 weeks. Some buy within a few days and others may not buy for 3 months.

The process starts with an autoresponse email the minute the lead hits. I also send out a proposal over a cover email as soon as I see the lead. The proposal is tracked so I know who opens the proposal and who doesn't as well as when the open the lead.

About half the prospects are called immediately while some may not be called until a few hours or even a day later. Over the course of the next 7 - 10 days leads are called 5 - 7 times and emailed about the same number.

After 10 days they are put in my Constant Contact database and sent a newsletter which goes out about every 3 weeks.

I don't have a script, but I do have a pattern on those I can actually talk to. Here is what I sent someone yesterday who also asked how I work my leads when I first make contact.

Lead in with non-threatening questions and statements.

"Thank you for requesting information".

"I know you are busy and your phone has been ringing off the hook, but I need 2 minutes to verify your information. Do you have 2 minutes for me?"

Immediately go into reciting their data (city, zip, phone, email, current carrier, etc.).

FIRST QUESTION.

Tell me what you don't like about your current plan.

Continue on, asking probing questions about what they like and don't like, what they feel they need and most importantly, what they can afford.

End of lesson 1.

Nope.

One of my lead vendors has an autoresponder that shoots out a response as soon as they get the lead. Quotit offers an A/R also (similar to LeadMiner) and I use that for follow up after the proposal goes out.

That's a killer first question!

"Tell me what you don't like about your current plan."

That one tip alone is worth the price of admission.

While you're correct that is a killer question, this one however is terrible.

Do you have 2 minutes for me?"

It allows people to say "no, I'm at work, or "not really" or "who are you and, what is this about?

It allows them to say no in a negative manner, gives a way out and you never want a NO like that!!

Try this one instead to open:

Are you currently insured?

yes or no, you're good to go, and into your presentation.

This works so well that I had someone tell me after my intro that she was on the phone with another agent right then, I said: oh, well are you currently insured, she said no, so I kept engaging her, the other agent hung up eventually and I wrote the policy.

Not once did she say, well he's waiting on the other line.

Sorry if that was one of you out there.

Damn you Rob... I remember that lady... I was on hold for 30 minutes!

Ha ha, take no prisoners baby!!!

You know I actually felt bad about it in retrospect when I realized I just went into the pitch by habit.

But then the commission consoled me nicely. lol.

Terrible question or not, asking for 2 minutes is part of permission marketing and serves me well. Most people will give me 2 minutes . . . and a lot more. If they say no, this is not a good time, I ask permission to call them back at a better time and then suggest a time.

I make sure I call at the appointed time. Either I get them or I don't.

If I get them, we move forward. If I don't, my message is a reminder that they asked me (or gave me permission) to call them back.

"Expert" trainers will give you a list of do's and don'ts that include asking only closed questions, ignoring or sidestepping the client's questions and charging forward with your pitch, asking for the sale 7 times, blah, blah, blah . . .

My approach is a conversational style mixed with a consultative approach. It drives trainers crazy because I break all the rules but guess what? Every time I have changed my "pitch" to fit the mold sales drop off.

I don't chase people, manipulate them, or beat them up and drag them across the finish line.

My approach suits my style and has been effective for many years. It allows me to close business the "closers" can't and quite often take business away from "closers".

Last edited:
Back