Internet Leads Ridiculous

This morning I filled out an online quote form for health insurance. This is for my sister that lives in another state. And in the past 2 hours I have received calls from 11 different agents. The first call started about a minute after I hit the submit

These internet lead companies are making so much money off of the backs of agents. It's ridiculous!!!!

11 different agents doesn't mean they sold the lead 11 times. It just means some call houses are working the lead multiple times with different people.

When I worked internet leads, my system would automatically schedule 3 calls to you in the first 2 hours. Now, if I talked to you, the future calls would cancel, but if not, the phone would ring.

If you are paying the money for the internet leads, you have to work them and work them hard. Call centers do exactly this.

Dan

11 different agents doesn't mean they sold the lead 11 times. It just means some call houses are working the lead multiple times with different people.

When I worked internet leads, my system would automatically schedule 3 calls to you in the first 2 hours. Now, if I talked to you, the future calls would cancel, but if not, the phone would ring.

If you are paying the money for the internet leads, you have to work them and work them hard. Call centers do exactly this.

Dan

I spoke to 11different agents. And I am still getting phone calls. This is overkill for just one insurance quote. No wonder consumers hate putting their info online. Cuz, this borders on harassment.

I am glad I never got caught up in buying internet leads. Cuz, spending money to compete with several agents for one customer never made sense to me.

Most times the calls are so frustrating, it actually turns the customer away. Before I started in insurance, I went through a similar experience. I received nearly 20 calls the same day my wife entered my information in online for a quote...I eventually started hanging up the phone because the same agents kept calling.

Even though I have to compete with call centers for the opportunity to complete a quote, the customer loses all motivation after the first 5 calls without a voicemail. Its not that I don't want the business, but it hardly seems like the proper way to become someone's long-term agent.

oh yea smart move, making money doesnt make sense.

Chasing price-shoppers can be very unprofitable. Especially when you take on the stigma of every call center agent who got through to that client before you.

Of course, without leads you can't build your book, but internet leads have to be some of the lowest form available. This agent obviously has had no success with these sorts of leads.

The other problem with these damn companies is they give internet leads a bad reputation and make anyone doing it the right way fight one heck of an uphill battle.

I still manage a car lot, and i looked into internet leads for the lot years ago, and decided against it. Most are very low quality and can be duplicated to other businesses. Qualified exclusive leads can get pricey. I got into the insurance business with no intention of ever buying leads. Though i can understand the necessity of them. I'd still build referral sources first before going that route, though, even if i were a new guy in a new town. Telemarketing sucks.

I still manage a car lot, and i looked into internet leads for the lot years ago, and decided against it. Most are very low quality and can be duplicated to other businesses. Qualified exclusive leads can get pricey. I got into the insurance business with no intention of ever buying leads. Though i can understand the necessity of them. I'd still build referral sources first before going that route, though, even if i were a new guy in a new town. Telemarketing sucks.

This is not meant to be rude in any way, but look at what your saying here..

a) your working at a car lot + doing insurance part time, not committed to being an insurance professional.

b) "I got into the insurance business with no intention of ever buying leads" how do u plan on growing your business without leads?

They don't have to be internet leads, but everyone has to advertise/market, relying on referrals is really an excuse to be lazy or fail 99/100, if you really are growing an insurance business only on referrals - great, but 9/10 you'd b "fibbin'"

Back