Internet Stuff

susieQ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
TX
I thought I posted this earlier but it disappeared so I'm starting over and if it shows up twice I apologize. I am a person that wants to turn on a computer and have it work. I don't want to mess around with any of the technological stuff. Although it seems like more and more I need to have a better understanding of this crap.

My question about internet stuff is: When I want to get information and I don't want to be recognized or I don't want a bunch of junk mail going into my regular account I use a yahoo email account that has a name that nobody would connect with me. Today I requested some info from an agency website using that yahoo account, I received a response back into my gmail account. What's up with that? Can these computer geeks now capture info such as that from your computer now? And how much stuff can they capture?

The IP address mess up that Gary did was interesting as well. So it made me think about IP address. Are they specific to one person's computer, a specific location, etc?? Guess I need to watch more TV:wacko:

Doesn't make sense at all. Are you absolutely positive that you didn't mistakenly use your gmail account. There is virtually no way to connect your yahoo account to your gmail account unless you have had prior contact with that site with your gmail account.

That's what I thought but I went back in and made sure it was sent from the yahoo account and it was. So I guess I don't know what's up with that then.

Thanks for the input.

Perhaps it was done in a similar fashion as the (formerly) illegal wiretaps authorized under the Patriot Act - otherwise known as "We have lost what was left of our Constitutional Rights Act."

Rick

send an email to yourself from your yahoo account to your gmail account. When you get the email in gmail, does it say it comes from you? (your actual name?)

The only thing I am thinking is maybe they saw your name and searched your name and found your gmail account. Not sure though......hope that helps.

That's how we tapped into Rick's web cam on his laptop. Not a pretty sight.

Perhaps it was done in a similar fashion as the (formerly) illegal wiretaps authorized under the Patriot Act - otherwise known as "We have lost what was left of our Constitutional Rights Act."

Rick

Back