Interview Tomorrow W/indy Agency

fla2cali

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So I have an interview tomorrow as producer for an indy agency. I'm trying to formulate all the questions I should be asking. I've searched the forum but I was hoping to get everything in one place so I don't miss anything.

A few questions I have to ask so far:

1. What is the commission split?
  2. Will I get renewals?
  3. Based on the commission split and renewals, will I be a pure 'Producer" or Producer/CSR?
  4. Do you provide leads, or will I have to generate my own leads? Like Internet leads?
  5. Who will own the new business I write?
  6. If I decide to leave can I take that business with me? Is there a buyout option?
  7. Will I work in your office? If so, are there costs involved?
  8. What percentage of your business is personal lines vs Commercial. ( ask because I would like to get into commercial possibly)

I know there is a few I'm missing. Any suggestions would be great.

If I decide to go out on my own, when trying to get appointments do the carriers want to just see proof of production, or do they require that you be able to transfer some type of book of businesses to them? Not sure what they are looking for to get a direct appointment. Thanks.

Are you a 1099 or w-2 employee?
What do they provide?
What do they not provide?

1. What is the commission split?
  2. Will I get renewals?
  3. Based on the commission split and renewals, will I be a pure 'Producer" or Producer/CSR?
  4. Do you provide leads, or will I have to generate my own leads? Like Internet leads?
  5. Who will own the new business I write?
  6. If I decide to leave can I take that business with me? Is there a buyout option?
  7. Will I work in your office? If so, are there costs involved?
  8. What percentage of your business is personal lines vs Commercial. ( ask because I would like to get into commercial possibly)

Take this list with you to the interview, and ask the individual who interviews you. He will be the only one to give you 100% accurate answers to these questions.

Take this list with you to the interview, and ask the individual who interviews you. He will be the only one to give you 100% accurate answers to these questions.

He was asking us to suggest questions to ask on his interview. He wasn't looking for the forum to answer those questions.:goofy:

This may be silly but what about benefits? Medical/ 401k ect. I am a captive agent not an indy (currently looking at switching to the darkside and making my life a much happy place) but I pay both medical and retirement to my CSR's and producer.

This may be silly but what about benefits? Medical/ 401k ect. I am a captive agent not an indy (currently looking at switching to the darkside and making my life a much happy place) but I pay both medical and retirement to my CSR's and producer.

You pay 401 plus health and are captive? Good for you.

You pay 401 plus health and are captive? Good for you.

Yes I do. Thinking of switching to the dark side but in my opinion as the agency owner my job is pretty easy. The CSR's are the ones that are on the front lines and take a beating everyday. A little more out of my pocket lets them enjoy their job more. If they enjoy the job more they perform more, and if they perform more they make me more money.

I am a big believer in if your staff is happy you will make more money. Its all a balance with managing your overhead but I feel like in the long haul its an important cost to keep your turn over low and people happy.

Yes I do. Thinking of switching to the dark side but in my opinion as the agency owner my job is pretty easy. The CSR's are the ones that are on the front lines and take a beating everyday. A little more out of my pocket lets them enjoy their job more. If they enjoy the job more they perform more, and if they perform more they make me more money.

I am a big believer in if your staff is happy you will make more money. Its all a balance with managing your overhead but I feel like in the long haul its an important cost to keep your turn over low and people happy.

So what day of the week do you bring in the hookers?

Lol, I'm here. It was a good meeting. He called me back last week and wants me to come back in for a 2nd interview. So we shall see.

of course the OP doesnt return and tell us what happened

Back