Interview with Farm Bureau as new agent!

Sodapopp

Expert
I have an interview set up in a few days. I take my property and casualty exam in a few weeks and they are aware of that. Are there any good experiences working with farm bureau? What’s the environment like since they specialize in Finance

If you are just starting out they are as good as any to gain some valuable knowledge. I'm sure there are better, I'm sure there are worse but I started with a captive in 2000 and learned a great deal before venturing out on my own. If you are ever in a coin toss for a an agency job I would go for the independent agency -vs- a captive but for your first step this will be good. Best of luck, it's a great career and no matter how you start, it's longevity that makes the bucks!

Depending on how they are in your state, it could be a great place to cut your teeth.
I believe they got downgraded because of their financials a few years back, don't know if they ever recovered, but here in SC the premiums I've seen then charging are entirely unsustainable...which is good for a newbie who needs to get some experience under his belt, baaaaaaad for someone looking to make a career of working with the company.
I think they should prepare you pretty well for working in personal lines.

Back