Interviewed with New York Life

yeah it is a huge leap. i still see the guy that brought me in, actually still good friends after i left. The times i see him, he always talking about having to plug back into the system. It's like i don't want to "plug back into the system". Of course i drank the proverbial kool aid. I was so excited about being "my own boss". I'm so glad I left. Just reading on here would change my mind about it. I know it's hard work. That as Ziglar says, I have to "work on myself harder than I work on my job." And from what I gather on here, it's more about what's in your head, that inner voice that will project who u are or what to be.

I'm interviewing with them right now. Hopefully I'll get more info other than the FTA bonus structure after the new agent orientation Monday night

I like what I see so far. The training is far better in a hour session than I've got in a year somewhere else. The project 200 isn't one of those get out and sell to your friend pitches either. 5-10% may want something now the main thing is letting them know about your change to NYL and who your planning on working with. So far so good.

I would do what Al says and talk to all the big career companies including Guardian.

I'm independent now, and have been in the biz 15+ years. I cut my teeth as a career agent with MassMutual for my first three years in the biz...........

I echo the others that state working for one of the larger carriers with a proven training program is a great foundation. But every GA office is different; I happened through a referral to line up with a great MassMutual GA in SoCal. Probably wouldn't have stayed in the biz during the first year if it hadn't been for the support of my GA and sales manager. I went independent because I coulkd make more and not have to answer to anyone except the CDI. Nothing wrong with staying a career agent; it just wasn't right for me.

Back