Intro

bkacere1

Hey! I've been reading this forum for 2 1/2 years. Thanks for everyone's insight.
I've been licensed for 3 years and am captive right now but September 1, 2008 will be the beginning of my independence. I will be life/ health only.

Thanks again.

Hi all, my name is will. I used to sell supplemental insurance and cancer policies for Family Heritage, it was door to door, and it was tough. I got out of that and swore never to return to sales. However I am a glutton for punishment, i sold cars which was interesting to say the least, then i took a walk on the milder side of sales, retail. I'm now working basically a desk job at a training center in texas working with the soldiers, however i have been presented with a recent invite to sell aflac, part time... and this brings me to the discovery of this site.

It seems like there is a lot of good info on this site and it is a great gathering of minds and experiences, and a place to get a fresh idea to market.

After doing a couple hours of reading on here, I have a couple questions. Where can one go to read up on the lingo? I get lost on some things, (i.e. P & C) lots of acronyms.

Secondly what do people mean by going independent? Like independent for a company as an agent? or like "I am an insurance agent. Period. I sell insurance for who i want or who i think best benefits the client. " ? What is involved in going independent? I'm sure a lot of this is talked about I have a lot of reading yet to do but i thought i would introduce myself.

Congrats!!! Sing it with me:

Freedom, Freedom, Freedom, oh Freedom!!!!!

Latest posts

Back