Introducing myself

Judyinfinity

Just found this forum last night and am so thankful that I did.
Brief history: No sales experience, 20 + years in automotive manufacturing quality as analyst, engineer, with last two years as a black belt.
When my last position was eliminated February, 2007, as the business moved out of country, I looked at other options. Liberty National pulled my resume off career builder and targetted me. I interviewed with a gentleman from the office nearest me (actually like him), attended the prelicensing classes with Kaplan, and passed the L & H exam.
Meantime, I became interested in a telesales insurance company and contracted with them instead of Liberty National, because it allowed me to stay home this summer. (I am also a single parent with two children) I spoke with hundreds of folks via the telephone and made a few sales, but the product is expensive and targets the lower class. UGHHH!!
I spoke with NYL and considered working with them, especially since I am interested in the financial side.
I tested for Farm Bureau agent and did not meet the sales experience or family conflict criteria.
I then decided to go the independent route for life and health after talking with Independent Agents, joined SCORE, joined an MGA, created flyers, and ran an ad locally (limited advertising funding). No responses.
Then a friend signed on with Liberty National (different office) and sold 6 policies on her first day out. She had been trying to get me to join them and after her success that first day, I went over the next day and signed on without actually interviewing the Branch Manager. (She sold me!) The BM lacks the people and team building skills he needs for the position and compensates for that with rudeness and criticism. He may be effective or not, I simply was uncomfortable in all of my dealings with him. I just faxed my termination notice to them without ever actually trying to sell the products.
I need help from you experienced folks here on this forum. I can survive for 2-3 months, but I need to generate some income (hence my desperation in company hopping). But I need help in creating a realistic plan that I can follow to grow business.
Your help will be greatly appreciated!!
And did I say Thank You very much!

Judy,

Give me a call 615.764.3330 or Toll Free 888.877.3989 or email [email protected]

I'm located in Franklin, TN and can atleast point you in the right direction.

-Wesley (TheSalesWolf)

Back