Introduction

mdees79

Hello to all. My name is Matthew Dees and I am an insurance agent in Waco Texas. I am currently working with Bankers Life and Casualty Co. and have been doing so for a year and a half. I have been in insurance for about 4 years with a couple different companies. I would love tons of feedback and help along the way so I can build a successful career and help as many people as possible. I have recently become very very very passionate about my career. I spend majority of my day cleaning up what an unethical agent has come in and screwed up. That has led be to realize that trust is earned and not expected. I am having trouble getting into homes due to the overwhelming number of calls people get from all of the telemarketers out there. I would like some feedback from anyone that has good or bad to say about my company. I have been contemplating becoming independent, but it seems scary for a newlywed guy with low funds. Thanks in advance for all the feedback and advice.

Matthew,

Since you are working for Bankers I assume you are focusing on Med Supps, is that correct?

I have never worked for Bankers but have a lot of clients who have been called on by their agents. I would suggest that you do a search of the forum and see what other agents have said about the company.

The information you will find is not very positive. They seem to encourage their agents to use a relatively high pressure approach. I have found that I am a lot more successful trying to help them than to go on an appointment with the attitude that I am going to sell them.

I have been in the senior market for fifteen years. For the first several years I was a captive agent and then went independent.

I will be happy to share what I do and how I do it if you are interested just give me a call.

Back