Intuit/Quickbooks Customer Service SUCKS!

indaville

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been using Quicken for my home for years. When I started my company I started using Quickbooks. In November I bought QB 2008 and I tried to update my company files. I have two companies, a real estate company and my financial planning company. I did back ups for both companies. I updated my real estate file first with no problems. Then I tried to update my financial company file (which is much more important than the real estate file) and ran into an error.

Then the fun started! I can't call Intuit for support I have to email them and wait for them to call back. For several days I would email them, they would call back when I was meeting with a client so they would leave a voice mail asking me to email them again. This went on for several days. A couple of times they tried to call me back at my office at 4:30 a.m.? When I did finally talk to them they are hard to understand because none of them speak english very well. When I explained the error they said that I needed to up load my file on their web site and they would take up to 20 business days to fix the problem. I thought they were joking but they were not. I am sure that the business owners here can appreciate what not having your financials for 20 business days would mean. I have had no way of knowing how much money I have made, spent, billed for, etc. Also, I have had no way of updating any financial information for over a month. I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with them trying to get someone who could help me. The only option they gave me was to wait 20 business days. So I started waiting.

Yesterday my file should have been ready. I emailed them today asking them where it is and I got this response:

"Kim Louis has added a comment on 12/4/2007 1:23:23 PM

Comment: Hi Matt, Your file is still in queue and in line to be worked. This is the peak season and cases are worked on first in and first out basis, with attention to detail to compromise quality for quantity. Our estimated turn around time for standard data recovery is currently 20business days. Since we received your file on 11/05/2007, this puts your estimated complition date 12/03/2007. However, currently we are a few days behind your original quote date. As we do not have a estimated time right now but we are trying to get it done as soon as possible. And we will do contact you once it is done. Thank you, Intuit data services.

Kim Louis has added a comment on 11/27/2007 11:27:12 AM"

So my file is not ready and they do not know when it will be ready. I have never seen customer service this awful. I have explained my situation to them over and over again in emails and phone calls. No one cares. It was their software that caused this situation, and they don't seem to care how long it takes to fix it for their customer. If they have so many cases to fix I question the quality of their software to begin with, but if they know the software has flaws why not hire more people to fix the bad files? No one can answer these questions at Intuit.

Matt

Let's see, quicken is nothing like quickbooks, and moneydance is a personal money thing, like quicken, so how does this solve a quickbooks problem? How is it better?

Dan

P.S. Okay, I had to go look at moneydance.com, but didn't see anything that would even make me switch from Quicken for my home account stuff. Quicken is tried and true, I'll spend the extra dollars to have that sense of security, whether it's just in my mind or real.

Let's see, quicken is nothing like quickbooks, and moneydance is a personal money thing, like quicken, so how does this solve a quickbooks problem? How is it better?

My fault. I saw "Quicken" and not "Quickbooks." Sorry.

P.S. Okay, I had to go look at moneydance.com, but didn't see anything that would even make me switch from Quicken for my home account stuff. Quicken is tried and true, I'll spend the extra dollars to have that sense of security, whether it's just in my mind or real.

If you like Quicken and you like Intuit, than you have no reason to change. I dislike the company and I find Quicken not as useful as you find it.

I don't use Quickbooks so I can't comment.

Al

Back