Investments Vs Insurance? which is Better to Focus on

insurance_Tycoon

It seems that the people on this forum are telling me to focus more on the investment side of things rather than selling insurance. Do you guys believe there is more money to be made in that category rather than focusing more on insurance. I am new to the insurance industry and I don't want to waste my time. Basically focusing on life insurance, stocks, bonds, IRas, mutal funds etc.. rather than the p and c side.

You're asking the wrong question.

The question you need to be asking is this: Where will I learn the skills to continuously be helping as many people as possible?

The reason to recommend EDJ was not because of the "money". It was because of their prospecting training. They are the #1 firm to go to when one does not have a "warm market" of an existing network to leverage to find new prospective clients.

Learn the transferable skills, then go where ever you want.

It seems that the people on this forum are telling me to focus more on the investment side of things rather than selling insurance. Do you guys believe there is more money to be made in that category rather than focusing more on insurance. I am new to the insurance industry and I don't want to waste my time. Basically focusing on life insurance, stocks, bonds, IRas, mutal funds etc.. rather than the p and c side.

which one interests you more?

IMO
There is more money to be made in investments. 10 years down the road and the gap really starts to widen, with investments being a winner.
That being said I would always recommend starting with an insurance focus.

I don't know your mindset Tycoon, but my undergrad in finance was almost all investments, captial budgeting etc... That stuff is cool and looks good in movies, but in the real world insurance is a great place to earn a lot of money, with a whole lot less headache. If you search this forum and google you will see a lot OT people can't wait until those secruity licenses expire.

There is no definitive answer as it all depends on you. I prefer to focus on Investment Advisory and then place life insurance as part of their plan. I find it easier to do considering I manage the premium source. One of the issues of selling life insurance is finding premium and how much they can budget. I know that answer before I make my recommendation.

There is no definitive answer as it all depends on you. I prefer to focus on Investment Advisory and then place life insurance as part of their plan. I find it easier to do considering I manage the premium source. One of the issues of selling life insurance is finding premium and how much they can budget. I know that answer before I make my recommendation.
That is the some of the best advice I have seen here. That is what I teach my agents and it works, they are making great money with no charge backs.

Back