Invoked appraisal clause and insurance company is uncooperative!

Maestro

I totaled my vehicle April 29th. My insurance company made a ridiculous settlement offer and refused to negotiate. I then hired a 3rd party appraiser 3 weeks ago. My adjuster has yet to give me or my appraiser the name of the appraiser they hired. I found out anyway after contacting salvage yard. The company's 3Rd party appraiser inspected the car 1 week ago and my appraiser has still heard nothing from them. I emailed my adjuster this morning asking what the problem is and received no response from her. I've been driving a borrowed vehicle since May 17th...losing my patience....any advice or words of wisdom..I'm sure my 70 year old dad would like to have his truck back...

Good morning. It's a 2015 Buick Lacrosse. 72000 miles...Was in perfect clean condition prior to accident..made sure of that when I bought it a year and half ago when it had 33000 miles...I log a lot of miles. Their offer was low whole sale on my car.

what was the offer? Remember that the offer for the vehicle has nothing to do with what you might owe

I only owe $7600...that isn't the issue. I have several auto dealer clients. Comparable cars with same mileage are listed between $15,500 and $17000 all over auto trader etc...they offered me $13,500 which is a wholesale number.. My appraiser appraised it at $17,800

I'm curious, what company is it? Also, is it your company or the company of the other party?

Kelly lists the private party value between 12,600 to 15,100 with an average of 13800. TruCar, which a lot of the companies are using today, shows a few with similar mileage at the same range. Sometimes you might be able to find listings for similar vehicles (same dressed out model) at a higher price and get the insurance Claims to move the needle. I don't see much chance of moving it much in your case which is unfortunate

Comparable cars with same mileage are listed between $15,500 and $17000 all over auto trader etc...

Selling price is often 10% to 15% below asking price.

My appraiser appraised it at $17,800

Naturally. You wouldn't have hired him if he was known to appraise low.

Based on a quick look at ads in Tennessee I agree that $13,500 is rather low. You'll just have to wait out the process. Or, you can file complaints with the Dept of Insurance and the BBB.

You might want to get a lawyer involved but I don't think that's financially wise.

Well I found quite a few including True Car between 15,900 and 16,500... my vehicle was clean no accident vehicle inside and out.....aside from the money the company is offering, the adjuster is not answering emails as to why they have not had appraiser in touch with mine to get this settled....and not giving us the company name they are using...shady and they are unnecessarily delaying...this is day number 38

Back