Iowa Health Insurance Exchange

timsip

Guru
1000 Post Club
The health insurance exchange has yet to be announced, but I find it very important to stay ahead of the game by being educated. We already know a lot of the rules and regulations that are true across the country, keeping up with other state information will also get you ready for when Iowa's exchange goes live. Go to Sipma Health and Wealth to stay up to date.

Thx for that. It should be interesting here in Iowa with it be a partnership exchange Need to hurry up oct will be here before we know it

Thx for that. It should be interesting here in Iowa with it be a partnership exchange Need to hurry up oct will be here before we know it

I don't know all of the carriers that will be on the exchange, but I was told by my rep that Coventry is planning on having plans on and off the exchange. My Golden Rule rep is pretty tight lipped and basically told me that they aren't saying anything anytime soon. We will find out if they are participating when the exchange info is announced by the DOI. He also said we will probably have to wait until September to find out what comp is. From our conversation, I am betting on $15 PMPM.

I heard Coventry. Of course bcbs they want to own the iowa exchange Golden rule haven't heard anything. I would take 15 pmpm. Add a critical illness cancer stand alone hospital identity make it on

I heard Coventry. Of course bcbs they want to own the iowa exchange Golden rule haven't heard anything. I would take 15 pmpm. Add a critical illness cancer stand alone hospital identity make it on

Wellmark has really gone down a path that is anti-agent. I have been contracted through PIPAC, but never did any business once I did some research...the commissions go to them, you get paid by PIPAC. I work for me, not them. Wellmark might come in and be the big player and scoop up all of the first years ubber sick, but if that happens, their rates will have to skyrocket. Of course we are used to that.

In year two, I think we will see more players once a better picture is painted. What we need to worry about now is how to drive business to our agencies and let the politics play out. We have no control over that, but what we can do is help our clients get through this transition.

Same here. Have to get bc/bs through them in Iowa I have two bcbs on the books. One has end stage renal he other has had bcbs their entire life and wanted it when he turned 65. What ever Because bcbs hasn't already taken giant increases this last year. Let the games begin

You fellas planning on going to the Wellmark Agent Forum July 18th at the Iowa Events Center?

Wellmark is not part of my strategy. They would rather get their clients on their own without agent participation. I will let PIPAC worry about Wellmark.

You fellas planning on going to the Wellmark Agent Forum July 18th at the Iowa Events Center?

Lol first I heard of it. Most of their emails do not get opened Might have to see the wife might want a day of shopping

Back