IPA-America

A

akzuri

Came across IPA-America and considering selling their products.
What can you tell me about them? They are also associated with a group
High Road Leaders? I guess maybe they are the marketing organization?
Comments.

I just ran into them today. They currently are captive and selling World health plans. My understanding is they have been acquired by IHC and will soon (in June) be selling Medlife 360 underwritten by Madison National Life. I'm not a health guy but it seems like a good high deductible plan with CI, LI, and DI all part of the package.

Any of you true health guys have any feed back? It is greatly appreciated!

I see no reason NOT to offer it if the premiums are reasonable. Unless I'm missing something (and if so, someone will be along soon to point it out), the plan combines many of the coverages people need.

The $1M limit really is not a problem and it does grow by $1M each year. Name one person who exceeded this limit?

My guess is that they may price themselves too high, especially for renewals.

We all need to differentiate ourselves. This could be the product that works for this purpose.

Rick

I have had at least half a dozen claims xs of $1M.

Package plans are usually designed to shore up other areas that are weak, make the plan seem much better than it is. (Think Mega).

Add-on riders (CI, DI, etc.) are almost always lesser plans than what you get if you were to buy the coverage outright. More window dressing than real benefit.

If someone wants a HDHP/HSA then buy it. Don't add on a bunch of junk to make it seem attractive.

I have had at least half a dozen claims xs of $1M.
Not questioning you but I just can't see a scenario other than custodial where an insurance carrier would pay more than $1M in a year. Maybe lifetime, but not in one year.

Please let us know what claim might do this.

Rick

Three types of claims can climb to $1M+ in a matter of months.

Head & spinal cord injuries, burns and premies.

Over the years I have had several of each with the burn being the largest claim. $2.5M over 2 yrs but, like most large claims, the bulk of that was in the first few months.

Trauma care is quite expensive, as is neonatal.

Three types of claims can climb to $1M+ in a matter of months.

Head & spinal cord injuries, burns and premies.

Over the years I have had several of each with the burn being the largest claim. $2.5M over 2 yrs but, like most large claims, the bulk of that was in the first few months.

Trauma care is quite expensive, as is neonatal.
Wow! Never could have pictured a claim that high. Obviously it could happen.

Rick

Back