Are IPOA brokers competitive in high wind risk condo associations (FLORIDA)?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Sometimes but there are better options

• Total voters

William C

Greetings Insurance Forums,

This is my first post on this forum (I hope I can get some valuable info and I apologize in advance if I'm breaking any forum rules). I am an independent agent that wants to specialize in coastal condo associations and HOAs (I am a licensed Community Association Manager in FL and worked in property management before insurance). To my knowledge there are only a handful of markets/carriers that will indemnify this type of risk. Some new mid-sized surplus lines carriers have entered the market and are trying to compete with the "too big to fail" companies.

I'll go ahead and get to the point. I was referred by a friendly agent that IPOA and their brokers have access to the most common COA/HOA markets and then some. Before applying for appointment with them, I want to gather input from other agents in Florida that quote COA/HOA property policies w/ wind through IPOA. Based on your own real world experiences, are they competitive in HIGH WIND & FLOOD RISK HIGH RISE COASTAL CONDOMINIUMS ? Your input will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance to the members that actually give me helpful info.

Best Regards,
WC

Back