Is 15 Years Enough Time to Build a P & C Bsuiness

princesssusan

Expert
hi you guys;

looking for some feedback: healthcare reform killed my lucrative health insurance business. thinking about going the p & c route, but only have about 15 yrs left in my career. is this enough time to build a good business, knowing i'll have to spend at least the 1st yr as captive before i can branch out?

thanks!

hi you guys;

looking for some feedback: healthcare reform killed my lucrative health insurance business. thinking about going the p & c route, but only have about 15 yrs left in my career. is this enough time to build a good business, knowing i'll have to spend at least the 1st yr as captive before i can branch out?

thanks!

15 years is reasonable if you have staff. It also makes it easier if you do commercial insurance as well. He area is also a huge part of the equation because that determines the premium size.

I really appreciate your response! the encouragement is terrific! just read an article online about how independent p & c agencies are reporting record growth, in the face of dwindling profits in employee benefits arena, so i feel even more strongly about making the shift from health/medicare, to p & c, and the related products to cross-sell. thanks again!

Back