Is a Medicare Supplement Considered a QHP?

I read that link. It is unambiguous to me. It doesn't actually spell out that you need to be receiving commission from sales to the people you are advising on the FFM to have a conflict of interest according to their definition.

They consider you to have a conflict of interest if you work as an assistor/navigator and you receive any consideration from the sales of QHP or non-QHP plans. Which you do, even though it isn't necessarily to the same people.

I read that link. It is unambiguous to me. It doesn't actually spell out that you need to be receiving commission from sales to the people you are advising on the FFM to have a conflict of interest according to their definition.

They consider you to have a conflict of interest if you work as an assistor/navigator and you receive any consideration from the sales of QHP or non-QHP plans. Which you do, even though it isn't necessarily to the same people.

Right. I was unclear if Medicare supplements fell under the QHP/non-QHP plan. I didn't understand why if I wasn't selling traditional health (read medical) insurance why there was a conflict of interest. Thats where my main question was. We've pretty much cleared it up. It's a conflict, and I won't be doing marketplace enrollment which is fine with me. Ha.

Back