Is Anybody Buying Health Insurance?

mike6075

Expert
In light of whats going on, should I be making an effort to sell health insurance, individual or group? Also, can someone explain to me what will happen if The President gets his way.

I have to agree with Chumps. My business has slowed down in the past couple of months. I went from about 30 apps a month down to about 15 at the moment. When talking to people, I am hearing that a lot of people are just scared by what Obama and crew are proposing so they are staying put for now, or looking to save money on the plans they have. I have been doing a lot of moving clients to cheaper plans but not nearly as much new apps.

Mike...people are still buying health insurance. I'm finding that some are "going to wait" to see what happens, but those were the procrastinators anyway.

I have been bringing up to the wait and see what happens folks, that even with a goverment plan it won't go into effect until 2013. A lot of them don't know that since the politicians aren't really advertising that fact. At least it gets them thinking that they won't have a government option for over three years. I've had a few callbacks and sales using that approach.

Some may wait and it could be that if a public plan is passed that your book of business will be largely depleted - both small group and individual. It's a bit of a gamble right now.

For those that wait, they should know that much of the reform likely won't be implemented for years. Just because the bill is passed, it can take some time to become effective.

I have been bringing up to the wait and see what happens folks, that even with a goverment plan it won't go into effect until 2013. A lot of them don't know that since the politicians aren't really advertising that fact. At least it gets them thinking that they won't have a government option for over three years. I've had a few callbacks and sales using that approach.
----------------------------
I can't take it anymore.
Please understand. Fifty percent of the world are uneducable.
You can reason, scream, beg and or threaten.
They will believe only what they want to believe until they
begrudgingly come back to reality and realize that Obama Hood, like Robin Hood is a fictious character in a book.
A pleasant notion, but a fantasy.
Then they can go back to hating republicans while they “take another look “ at their health insurance options.
You ain’t gonna take their dream away. They will wake up when they do. It’s a wait’n game son.
Hope ya got a lil nest egg tucked away? Don’t have a big car payment, mortgage on a house that’s bigger than what you need now do ya?
It just frigg'n kills me. This best buddy of mine for example.
2008 made 100,000 in the time share game. So far this year ... $17,000. Single guy. No dependants.
RENT. - 1270 per month.
CAR - 670 per month.
Went through his $8,000 in savings and is into his c. cards.
Wy - lie Coyete. Financial geeeeenius.

Last edited:
My health insurance sales way down. I have pages of propects that are holding off on buying health insurance till their business picks ups.
There is small tourist town nearby that used to be packed with people in the summer now its a ghost town.

----------------------------
I can't take it anymore.
Please understand. Fifty percent of the world are uneducable.
You can reason, scream, beg and or threaten.
They will believe only what they want to believe until they
begrudgingly come back to reality and realize that Obama Hood, like Robin Hood is a fictious character in a book.
A pleasant notion, but a fantasy.
Then they can go back to hating republicans while they “take another look “ at their health insurance options.
You ain’t gonna take their dream away. They will wake up when they do. It’s a wait’n game son.
Hope ya got a lil nest egg tucked away? Don’t have a big car payment, mortgage on a house that’s bigger than what you need now do ya?
It just frigg'n kills me. This best buddy of mine for example.
2008 made 100,000 in the time share game. So far this year ... $17,000. Single guy. No dependants.
RENT. - 1270 per month.
CAR - 670 per month.
Went through his $8,000 in savings and is into his c. cards.
Wy - lie Coyete. Financial geeeeenius.

I know a lot of people that do that same type of financial "planning" Just because it is good now, does not mean it will be good tomorrow! You are so right about people wanting to believe what they want. When the Kool Aid wears off there are going to be an awful lot of headaches.

Kind of like my days in the music industry!

Back