Is anyone else out there losing Advantra Freedom MA clients during verification calls

Re: Is anyone else out there losing Advantra Freedom MA clients during verification c

That is exactly why I signed up senoirs who needed the program and did not try to get them to switch from supps or anything else. I ran across so many who had signed up for this already and had totally messed up company, government or military retirement insurance that was usually paid for and gave them better coverage. This benefitted nobody except the greedy agents who signed them up.

I always tried to do the right thing and do think there needs to be checks in place to keep the above situations from happening, just wondered why this particular company seemed to be out of sync with the other companies I signed people up with.

Re: Is anyone else out there losing Advantra Freedom MA clients during verification c

Bob TIG and LunchBox bring up a paradigm that I believe should be self evident to most of us and CMS.

If we know that people with mental disabilities or impairments are not able to navigate the phone verification screening, then aren't these unfortunate people left behind by a system that was meant to help eliminate unethical behavior. Is there an unintended consequence?

The same thing could be held true for the new 48 Hour Cooling-off Period. I spend an inordinate amount of time with shut ins. People whom can't come to my office. People who have no children or lack a child whom is able to help navigate a complex decision. Most shut-ins by definition often have impairments. Even pain can impair human judgment. If I make a discovery during our home visit I have to crawl back after a “48 Hour Cooling-off Period”. The unintended consequence will be that we will see fewer shut-ins during the enrollment periods. Ultimately this underserved portion of America will be even less served. It is kind of like the old days when signups for Medicare Choice plans where held at athletic clubs.
Hmm, an interesting paradigm!

Aren’t both rules a form of Cherry Picking?:yes:

I guess if there is a high ratio of rapid disenrollment, CMS is trying to figure out the best way to slow that down. Hence the 48 hr cooling off period between presentations, and delay in verification calls.

In insurance, client has a "cooling off" period from time of app until receipt of policy, and then another 30days to look it over, or rescind.

Wonder how this is applied to online apps taken by carrier customer service reps.

If these idiots would simply eliminate the enrollment periods we would get rid of most of the problems. Allow someone to return to their Med Supps with no time limit when they enroll in an MA plan solves the rest.

I give these ideas freely. CMS can even take credit for them.

You're welcome.

Rick

If these idiots would simply eliminate the enrollment periods we would get rid of most of the problems. Allow someone to return to their Med Supps with no time limit when they enroll in an MA plan solves the rest.

I give these ideas freely. CMS can even take credit for them.

You're welcome.

Rick

I agree with you 100%

I just talked with one of our agents today who has lost 3 prospective clients in a row with Coventry's telephone interview. He's thoroughly going through the presentation making sure they understand about the deductibles, co-pays, and that doctors don't have to accept the PFFS plans. However, during the telephone interview these people got scared out of going with Coventry.

I can understand how frustrating it is to lose a sale, but I also have to stress how important it is make sure that the client understands what's going to happen during this call...that way they're prepared for what's coming.

I have certainly learned my lesson from this. if I continue to do business with coventry I will tell my clients someone will call them and try to talk them out of this plan...

Im sure this will really make them comfortable with signing up with this company.

Sorry, just feeling a little bitter.

Mac

My branch actually just lost 15k in advantra business bc of all the advantra screw ups. They either scared them off with the phone call or screwed up processing the APP. Have any of you ever tried talking to them??? Being on hold for 45 minutes and they dont even help, Im probably just stick to med sups from now on.

Yeah I called them back today, Guess what? Annother chargeback.
I asked why this was happening at such a high rate compared to the other carriers I wrote with. The rep got really hateful toward me and gave me this long spiel about how it was CMS' fault and not theirs.

From her voice I could tell she had been catching it all day...

I won't be wasting my time writing anymore biz with them.

It appears they have serious issues with their Broker Service Unit. It took most of 2007 to resolve a paperwork issue regarding my appointment, and first quarter this year, sent me two checks for the same sale. They then charged back the second check, even though I voided the duplicate check and sent it back. I made copies of everything, but my confidence in their ability to do simple business is very low.

I have had a great relationship with their MAPD (HMO/PPO/SNP) unit. I get my commission checks in two weeks from submission. However, their sales support is lacking seriously, not even providing the sales support the MA (PFFS/PDP) division provides. I guess you can't have both administration and sales support from both! If it comes to one or the other, I guess admin gets priority!!

Last edited:
Back