Is Assurant an Option on HC.gov Any Longer?

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
I have a client with Assurant on the exchange already. Kids got denied medicaid. Got SEP, but Assurant is not showing up as a plan selection any longer. We need Assurant to keep all doctors / meds.

Did they completely remove their plans as an option on HC.gov?
How can they do that?
What about existing clients?

It is my understanding you will have to write them with another carrier. They are not taking new business on a major medical, period.

From what I understand, Assurant is getting out of the health Insurance business. I think they were hoping someone would buy them. LOL. Early this year they stopped paying commissions for new enrollments. They have a contract with the state and/or the marketplace so they can't just cancel the plans mid year (I don't think so anyway), but they probably will have no plans available in Jan 2016 and all the current members will have to pick new plans for 2016.

From what I understand, Assurant is getting out of the health Insurance business. I think they were hoping someone would buy them. LOL. Early this year they stopped paying commissions for new enrollments. They have a contract with the state and/or the marketplace so they can't just cancel the plans mid year (I don't think so anyway), but they probably will have no plans available in Jan 2016 and all the current members will have to pick new plans for 2016.

Yes, that's been covered here in great detail. I assume you're new here and haven't reviewed prior threads regarding Assurant.

back to my original post. I had current assurant client get s.e.p. with Medicaid denial of kids. Assurant wasn't an option to select Going per hc.gov rep.

Anyone else have this happen with SEP?

I searched plans at Healthcare.gov and Assurant is no longer appearing as an option as you said and I have no clue why or how they can stop offering midyear unless they've been shut down by CMS or Insurance Commission. Maybe you could call the state insurance dept to find out. You mentioned that they need to keep their current insurance plan for meds and doctors; but come Jan they have to change anyway, so why not use this SEP to get another company now.

Sman, you can tell I'm new due to the number of posts I have and my join date. I was responding to a question in this thread. I can't possibly know what he already knows or doesn't know by his post.

I searched plans at Healthcare.gov and Assurant is no longer appearing as an option as you said and I have no clue why or how they can stop offering midyear unless they've been shut down by CMS or Insurance Commission. Maybe you could call the state insurance dept to find out. You mentioned that they need to keep their current insurance plan for meds and doctors; but come Jan they have to change anyway, so why not use this SEP to get another company now. Sman, you can tell I'm new due to the number of posts I have and my join date. I was responding to a question in this thread. I can't possibly know what he already knows or doesn't know by his post.

When using the iPhone app the number of posts and join date don't show up on the thread. But thanks for playing.

There's this neat function on the forum. It's called "search" and you can find all kinds of info.

Back