Is Chubb competitive for...???

NCAgent828

Super Genius
Im looking for a good BOP for restaurants and businesses that deal with alcohol and food. Chubb seems to be the go to for a broker I work with but another uses Guard.

Any thoughts about this for restaurants?

Looking in NC and SC.

Guard, yes. USLI. Markel can be depending on type of cooking and amount of alcohol. I haven't tried them on any yet, just got appointed, but Hamilton/blackboard/whatever they are now has a very wide appetite, they will accept a high percentage of alcohol sales.

Race ya .JK, kinda. Lot higher concentration if restaurants here than most areas.

Ha! It seems like Chubb and USLI are pretty similar. Guard has been good. Do you write with guard? They seem limited.

I avoid Chubb and Guard because I have consistently had nightmare experiences dealing with them. I am in California, so I don't know about NC, but DB Insurance (formerly Dongbu) Nationwide (formerly Allied) and Hartford are usually where I start.

I would love to go to them! However, I don’t have appointments or a brokerage that offer them. Any brokers offer Hartford and Nationwide?

Back