Is CIP Really Worth the Hassle?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
About a month ago, I spent 1/2 day at a mandated study hall to learn their products. I'm still not even done, because I STILL have to complete all of their ridiculous modules. The Broker line insists that I can skip some of these, but the darned thing won't let me.

don't these insurance cos realize that they are not the ONLY products that we have to study and learn?

Only worth having because you can write the duals and chronic conditions year round. CIP is a pain in the butt, though.

I and a few other agents opted not to certify with them this year. They constantly harrass you to send in scope of appointment forms before you even get home from your appointments. The pay with their non-snp plans is also 25% lower than with other carriers. Their copays are high too and many of my customers are switching to other companies I have to offer.

I and a few other agents opted not to certify with them this year. They constantly harrass you to send in scope of appointment forms before you even get home from your appointments. The pay with their non-snp plans is also 25% lower than with other carriers. Their copays are high too and many of my customers are switching to other companies I have to offer.

Pardon me, but I can't believe any of this. I have been selling CIP since 2007 and have never heard of this before. As a matter of fact, I think the 2012 CIP products are the best they have offered to date. You just have to know how to sell them, and to the suitable beneficiary.

Last edited:
I've never been harassed about a scope. The pay for the non-chronic plan is low, but that's not a deal breaker. CIP is a very strong product in SC and if you do MA here, it's a must have product.

Back