Is epilepsy a good niche to pick?

Dan OBrien

Expert
I am new to the life insurance business, and just recently read Jeff Root's book "The Digital Life Insurance Agent". I really like the online marketing aspect, and targeting a niche. I was thinking about focusing on people in epilepsy, since I have it myself. Has anyone had any success with it? Also, I am looking for the best carriers to get appointed with. Thanks.

I am new to the life insurance business, and just recently read Jeff Root's book "The Digital Life Insurance Agent". I really like the online marketing aspect, and targeting a niche. I was thinking about focusing on people in epilepsy, since I have it myself. Has anyone had any success with it? Also, I am looking for the best carriers to get appointed with. Thanks.
If you want to be "The Epilepsy Guy", I suggest that you get appointed with carriers that are "epilepsy friendly". :yes:

1.2 Million Americans suffer from epilepsy
30.3 Million Americans suffer from diabetes

Epilepsy may or may not shorten life expectancy. Dia"Beetus" definitely shortens life expectancy.

Seems diabetics would be a much better niche market in terms of size and real need for life insurance.

And yes, I am a diabetic (recently diagnosed) with a BMI of 21. My doctor told me that skinny diabetics are the hardest to treat.

Google diabetes.. EVERYONE writes an article on Diabetes. You're going to be in a fight for traffic with DM. Mainly because I can think of about 40 articles that you could write about DM and associated comorbidities.

Depending on the products you sell FE vs Term, I think cancer would be a great niche. There's a few reasons why:

1) Diagnosis of cancer immediately makes people think about what happens when they pass away.

2) There are more than two types of cancer. There are some specific cancer types where there is no article catered to them and treatment is different.

For example, Google "Life insurance for lung cancer" then Google "Life insurance for small cell (oat cell) lung cancer"

Small cell is much more aggressive than your standard lung cancer. No article for that specific type of cancer.

While there might not be nearly as much search volume as "Life insurance with DM" you'll get overall more traffic due to the lack of competition.

3) You can talk about post residual conditions associated with cancer therapies and how they effect life insurance.

DM is super common and is an great niche, but it's just narrow and really competitive

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back