Is FSC Rater My Only Option?

anteater

Expert
If I'm working primarily with a wholesaler, so I wouldn't have an agent code or username/password with the carriers that I can write with (such as Travelers, Safeco, etc).

Is the FSC comparative rater my only option? Or is there another (and hopefully less expensive) alternative? I'm in CA if that makes a difference.

PowerQuote by Quomation software is a comparative rating solution that offers enhanced business features at a lower price than FSC. Check it out at quomation.com. They also have a low cost - high features management system and a batch rater. Or call at 1866.674.7400.

PowerQuote by Quomation software is a comparative rating solution that offers enhanced business features at a lower price than FSC. Check it out at quomation.com. They also have a low cost - high features management system and a batch rater. Or call at 1866.674.7400.

How much is PowerQuote?

I was under the impression that Quomation required information that only an agent with a direct appointment would have, such as an agent code and a username/password? Is that not the case? Would I be able to quote Travelers with only an agent code?

Not sure how it would work without the direct appointment. During setup we did have to provide all agent codes, log-in user name and passwords.

I believe this is how their bridging and direct credit scoring is accomplished. Probably would be easier to call them directly to get the information.

anteater, you are correct, if you have an agent code for travelers you will be able to quote them. For most companies, however, you will not even need an agent code or an appointment with the company in order to develop the rates, as we have the carriers' rates coded into our product.

Last edited:
I looked at quomation, ez lynks, fsc, and silver plume. I went with silver plume because of their price and features that have helped me build my book a lot faster. None of the others really compared to being such a fit with my agency. FSC is certainly not the only option. I found quomation to be fine if I didn't really want to grow, but silver plume has helped that immensely.

If I'm working primarily with a wholesaler, so I wouldn't have an agent code or username/password with the carriers that I can write with (such as Travelers, Safeco, etc).

Is the FSC comparative rater my only option? Or is there another (and hopefully less expensive) alternative? I'm in CA if that makes a difference.

WARNING TO POTENTIAL QUOMATION RATER USERS IN CALIFORNIA!
I recently paid the $199 set up fee thinking that QUOMATION was going to be good deal, read on and beware!
I quickly found out that several companies that Quomation listed on their service list, DID NOT allow bridges to the applications!! This basically made the product useless for me because I would have to go directly to the carriers website and duplicate my efforts by having to enter all the same client data again and then print the app. IF QUOMATION LISTS A CARRIER THAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE BRIDGE FUNCTION SHOULD'NT THEY ADVISED A CUSTOMER OF THIS BEFORE SELLING THEIR PRODUCT? DURING ONE OF MY CLIENT APPOINTMENTS, I HAD TO CALL QUOMATION TECH SUPPORT AND AFTER THEY COULD NOT FIX THE PROBELM, THEY REFERRED ME BACK TO THE CARRIER WHO TOLD ME THAT IT WAS "QUOMATIONS PROBLEM" THAT THEY HAD ADVISED QUOMATION THAT THEIR SOFTWARE HAD NOT BEEN SET UP YET TO WORK PROPERLY WITH THE QUOMATION BRIDGE, "THERE ARE ALOT OF BUGS THAT HAVE TO BE WORKED OUT HE CLAIMED AND STATED I WOULD HAVE TO COMPLETE ALL THE APPS BY HAND! I LOST A CUSTOMER DUE TO THIS EMBARRASSMENT. QUOMATION SEEMS TO HAVE JUMPED THE GUN IN OFFERING SERVICES THEY COULD NOT PRODUCE, POSSIBLY IN EFFORTS TO COMPETE WITH THE FSC PRODUCT?? After detailing my complaint and taking a couple of screen shots of the carrier list and asking for a full refund this is what I was told by their accounting section; You are obligated to give 90 days notice to cancel and our policy is to not give refunds for the set-up. OK... SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!
HERE IS MY BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY NEW AGENTS / BROKERS CONSIDERING QUOMATION: PAY A LITTLE EXTRA PER MONTH AND AVOID THE QUOMATION TRAP. GO WITH THE "FSC" RATER.
PLUS MANY CARRIERS THAT I HAVE WANTED TO GET APPOINTMENTS WITH TO BE COMPETITIVE IN MY MARKET ARE TELLING ME THAT I CAN ONLY WRITE WITH THEM THROUGH FSC RATER!!!!
Good Luck to All!

There are wholesalers that include comparative rates are part of their offering. I believe WIAA, Networked and several others have Ezlynx or a similar comparative rater available to their subagents. I would review all of your options for wholesalers and MGA's.

Back