Is GA Morstan General Any Good?

gavros777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I was told you own your book and you get to keep it without buying it, when you leave them. I like that i can quote online then bind coverage over the phone in minutes unlike insurancenoodle where you wait days.
What you guys think about them?

What E&S means?
they have over 200 companies the list is huge.
i think i'll give em a try

E&S = Excess & Surplus Lines.

E&S carriers are the carriers you go to when you have no admitted carriers that wants to insure your client. Admitted carriers in Florida would be the likes of Liberty Mutual, Travelers, etc...So in other words, you only go to the E&S markets when you have no other options.

And I don't mean to burst your bubble but don't get too high on Morstan OR any other Wholesaler for that matter because most if not all of them will strictly be E&S - meaning they've no Admitted markets.

And if you haven't already found out, you will soon, that to compete in this marketplace, there is no way around it, Admitted carriers are a must.

Good luck!

I agree with FLInsa .... Morstan or any GA is mainly Excess & Surplus lines.

But if that is what you are looking for Morstan is a pretty solid GA. They are prompt with their quotes. We have found they have good options for NY but not so much CT.

Depending on your region really depends on how well they will work out for you.

They have all carriers i can think off, even all the big ones like travelers hartford ace metlife etc so they shouldn't just be surplus, i'll call em just to be sure.

check their website morstan.com click on companies they have a huge list.

So no one has told you this yet huh?

The list you see on Morstan's site and on every Wholesaler's site is a list of their NATIONAL carriers (remember that Morstan has offices throughout the country).

When you call or submit a business asking for a specific carrier, you will hear something like this: "Oh, Mr. Agent, yes we've that carrier but they don't write in Florida....".

And as for the Online Quoting that Morstan and other Wholesalers offer, forget it because it is USLI and their rates are comical borderline crazy :swoon:.

I know not all of them will write in Florida, but they have most carriers that do write in florida, ace, hartford, travelers,metlife is just few of them. I don't know about their rater why you say it's comical?

So no one has told you this yet huh?

The list you see on Morstan's site and on every Wholesaler's site is a list of their NATIONAL carriers (remember that Morstan has offices throughout the country).

When you call or submit a business asking for a specific carrier, you will hear something like this: "Oh, Mr. Agent, yes we've that carrier but they don't write in Florida....".

And as for the Online Quoting that Morstan and other Wholesalers offer, forget it because it is USLI and their rates are comical borderline crazy :swoon:.

Back