Is It Common for an FMO to Have "exclusive" with a Major Grocery Store for AEP Marketing?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
There is an FMO in Texas (So Texas anyway) that assigns tables at a major grocery store to specific downlines where most of the population shops. I have an agent friend who has done very well in this type of venue, so well that I'm considering changing to her upline after AEP (assuming that I stay in the same city). How common is this? I do Ok with my referrals during this time, but not average of 3-4 days that she does. What kind of success have you had? Does your effectiveness matter if you are male or female?

There is an FMO in Texas (So Texas anyway) that assigns tables at a major grocery store to specific downlines where most of the population shops. I have an agent friend who has done very well in this type of venue, so well that I'm considering changing to her upline after AEP (assuming that I stay in the same city). How common is this? I do Ok with my referrals during this time, but not average of 3-4 days that she does. What kind of success have you had? Does your effectiveness matter if you are male or female?

Don't know about common, but how is this any different than Humana/Walmart arrangement(other than it being a FMO instead of a carrier)?

My understanding is that you HAVE to pay to sit in Walmart. My agent friend is not paying anything to sit there.

I forget which Ins carrier or FMO. But it was MA Plan Was offering free Pharmacy Table few years ago. I am sure just like when co-op mailer is offered by FMO or Carrier, Sometimes are free, But someone is paying, Also just like any of these things are subject to change at any moment.

My understanding is that you HAVE to pay to sit in Walmart. My agent friend is not paying anything to sit there.

If its HEB and they will let you do 1 or 2 days a week (so you can service your existing book and handle referrals) DO IT.

What have you got to lose? Its better than sitting around cold calling people.

Very common. A few years ago when PUP was around, they had an exclusive contract with my FMO and they let any agent do free seminars. They did all the marketing. I just had to show up and present.
They paid regular commission plus a bonus on each app

Latest posts

Back