Is it illegal for licensed insurance agents to process cancer screening test?

I would not want to be responsible for encouraging someone to take a test which could put information in their medical records which would cause an insurance company to deny some type of insurance coverage in the future.

I would not want to be responsible for encouraging someone to take a test which could put information in their medical records which would cause an insurance company to deny some type of insurance coverage in the future.

Which med supp carriers deny based on genetics pre-disposition tests, exactly?

I agree. Better to not know you have cancer and just die.

But if you know you have Cancer (or even a genetic predisposition for it), and your Hi-F premium skyrockets from $38.47 to $43.98 - is it really worth living?

Which med supp carriers deny based on genetics pre-disposition tests, exactly?

I have never seen that on a Medigap app, but I believe SOME life insurance carriers are asking about genetic testing as part of their underwriting review.

I don't believe genetic testing would show on an MIB report unless (maybe) it was used to deny or rate an app

If an Insurance carrier will pay for such tests - why not?
Not a problem, when it's done correctly and referred by the Medicare beneficiaries personal physician who has determined that the test would be beneficial. But when a bunch of agents or other people gather the swabs from random regular Medicare beneficiaries and submit them to a Teledoc who has no relationship with the patient and the agent receives payment for that referral it becomes Medicare Fraud!

Not a problem, when it's done correctly and referred by the Medicare beneficiaries personal physician who has determined that the test would be beneficial. But when a bunch of agents or other people gather the swabs from random regular Medicare beneficiaries and submit them to a Teledoc who has no relationship with the patient and the agent receives payment for that referral it becomes Medicare Fraud!

I can't find any statement / regulation from CMS that dictates the test has to be ordered / prescribed by someone's "personal" physician.

Back