Is it illegal for licensed insurance agents to process cancer screening test?

Oh so I guess your not in the Medicare Supp. nor MAPD biz. As long as the client stays in the plan YES lifetime renewals, you must just sell final EX. No client would ever give business to a person like you with your contentious attitude, no wonder you would't get life time renewals they will dump your A$% & find another agent!!!!!!!!
Lifetime renewals.. Whose lifetime? When you are my age, that might not be too long. :twitchy: I have never written a MA plan but the renewals on med supp.are very little after 6 years unless you roll the business.. Actually, FE renewals can be better in the long run.. Even better is ancillary products such as cancer plans that pay 15% -20% for the life of the policy., with 60-70% on the front end.. Plus, when you write med supp, the client base dies out rather quickly where you write a better age mix with the ancillary products. I have often said that if I had my career to do over, I would have focused on cancer sales.

Last edited:
OK.. Now you have answered my question by what you mean when you say prevent.. However, if it is a genetic condition, a lifestyle change will not affect it. Even though a lifestyle change can affect the occurrence of cancer that are caused by things like smoking (such as I had), it will not alter a genetic abnormality. The only thing the genetic testing at this time can possibly do to help is to alert the doctor to be alert to the possibility of a certain cancer so that possibly they could catch it early and before it metastasized.. Once a cancer has occurred, genetic testing can help in developing a targeted treatment. Wonderful things are being done with immunotherapy.
Yep!

Oh so I guess your not in the Medicare Supp. nor MAPD biz. As long as the client stays in the plan YES lifetime renewals, you must just sell final EX. No client would ever give business to a person like you with your contentious attitude, no wonder you would't get life time renewals they will dump your A$% & find another agent!!!!!!!!
Haha, you fit right in here Amber. :laugh:

Bahahahahaha . . .

Its the Doctors decision to determine and to make a plan with their patients

You carefully stepped around the questions I asked.

From where I sit you do not care squat about whether someone will get cancer. If you really did, you would be doing something about it now, regardless of whether it compensated you. What you are expressing an interest in is a way to abuse the Medicare system by obtaining Medicare beneficiaries' personal medical information and using it for your personal gain.

I saw an article today that indicated a group of testing laboratories are asking the government to increase the compensation they provide for genetic tests. Based on the contents of this thread, I think the government should significantly reduce their compensation for those tests to get folks like you totally out of the picture and leave the field to trained medical professionals and genetic counselors who will request testing for a patient when it is truly needed.

Last edited:

From where I sit you do not care squat about whether someone will get cancer. If you really did, you would be doing something about it now, regardless of whether it compensated you. What you are expressing an interest in is a way to abuse the Medicare system by obtaining Medicare beneficiaries' personal medical information and using it for your personal gain.

I saw an article today that indicated a group of testing laboratories are asking the government to increase the compensation they provide for genetic tests. Based on the contents of this thread, I think the government should significantly reduce their compensation for those tests to get folks like you totally out of the picture and leave the field to trained medical professionals and genetic counselors who will request testing for a patient when it is truly needed.
How do you know she is not doing something about it now? However, assuming she is not what do you suggest she do?

I don't need to wright a novel just because you asked, one sentence sums it up, so just try to throw your weight around and ASSume things! Geezzzz

How do you know she is not doing something about it now? However, assuming she is not what do you suggest she do?

Posts like this are one of the things I appreciate about you. And, you know ..., I don't.

As you know, I probably should be more careful than I am about making posts along the line of critical of others. That is the reason I made some question posts before I just "unloaded".

Frankly I suspect that a lot of this "swabbing activity" can and will be made to be technically legal. I see it as more of an ethical assault on the Medicare system by individuals out for financial gain who are using the emotional fear of cancer in the US today to drive a requested genetic test volume into the Medicare system that is 2-3 times what it would be if Medicare beneficiaries were just able to listen to common sense advice from the "family doc". Those payments then affect the Medicare funds availability for other beneficiaries such as myself, and indirectly affect funds availability for Medicare management to consider requesting expansion of other testing programs, such as the blood testing The Monkey was talking about being unable to obtain through the system.

I am not suggesting that she should do anything. What I would find amusing if I was not so emotionally involved with the issue, and what I find annoying because I am so emotionally involved with it; is that the folks who are going to do the "swabbing" are also turning the "emotional appeal" to the observing public, saying we are helping to fight and prevent cancer in the country today----When they ("the swabbers") have had absolutely no concern about the detection and/or prevention of any kind of cancer until it pops up they can suddenly generate a stream of cash flow from "the industry".

It's a matter of credibility. You have "street credibility" with the entire forum in regard to commenting on cancer. I think most of the others who have posted in these (the 2 swabbing threads) threads about "fighting cancer" have a disconnect in their lives between a real interest in helping others detect and prevent cancer and making money from "a fear of getting cancer".

Another thing that I discovered yesterday. I saw a Mayo clinic article in relation to BRCA gene testing that said most of those tests are done as blood tests, but that some might be done from saliva samples. That raises a question in my mind as to whether there is a difference in the quality of test results from blood samples vs saliva for information relating to cancer issues. A question which most amatuer swabbers are probably not equipped to answer.

Last edited:
Posts like this are one of the things I appreciate about you. And, you know ..., I don't.

As you know, I probably should be more careful than I am about making posts along the line of critical of others. That is the reason I made some question posts before I just "unloaded".

Frankly I suspect that a lot of this "swabbing activity" can and will be made to be technically legal. I see it as more of an ethical assault on the Medicare system by individuals out for financial gain who are using the emotional fear of cancer in the US today to drive a requested genetic test volume into the Medicare system that is 2-3 times what it would be if Medicare beneficiaries were just able to listen to common sense advice from the "family doc". Those payments then affect the Medicare funds availability for other beneficiaries such as myself, and indirectly affect funds availability for Medicare management to consider requesting expansion of other testing programs, such as the blood testing The Monkey was talking about being unable to obtain through the system.

I am not suggesting that she should do anything. What I would find amusing if I was not so emotionally involved with the issue, and what I find annoying because I am so emotionally involved with it; is that the folks who are going to do the "swabbing" are also turning the "emotional appeal" to the observing public, saying we are helping to fight and prevent cancer in the country today----When they ("the swabbers") have had absolutely no concern about the detection and/or prevention of any kind of cancer until it pops up they can suddenly generate a stream of cash flow from "the industry".

It's a matter of credibility. You have "street credibility" with the entire forum in regard to commenting on cancer. I think most of the others who have posted in these (the 2 swabbing threads) threads about "fighting cancer" have a disconnect in their lives between a real interest in helping others detect and prevent cancer and making money from "a fear of getting cancer".

Another thing that I discovered yesterday. I saw a Mayo clinic article in relation to BRCA gene testing that said most of those tests are done as blood tests, but that some might be done from saliva samples. That raises a question in my mind as to whether there is a difference in the quality of test results from blood samples vs saliva for information relating to cancer issues. A question which most amatuer swabbers are probably not equipped to answer.
I'd think that a blood test would be a lot more thorough(and more expensive) than a spit test.

So, in addition to Baptisms and swabbings, are agents going to be drawing blood next? :twitchy:

Back