Is it illegal for licensed insurance agents to process cancer screening test?

I have never seen that on a Medigap app, but I believe SOME life insurance carriers are asking about genetic testing as part of their underwriting review.

I don't believe genetic testing would show on an MIB report unless (maybe) it was used to deny or rate an app
This 2008 law prevents the knowledge of the presence of genetic markers from that person being harmed for underwriting of insurance
Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008

Did you read the letter and pull up the copy of the document from the 1st page of this thread? I guess you'll just have to wait and let the Office of Inspector General educate you.
CMS does NOT post without their codes on it, this was and illegal post by and FMO "Regence" a BCBS FMO, investigate and call the numbers on their and you will see. They can get in trouble impersonation CMS

Don't be blinded by the potential of easy money. This opportunity was documented to the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP -https://acl.gov/programs/connecting-people-services/state-health-insurance-assistance-program-ship) who confirmed in an Email that it was considered fraud/scam and they forwarded the information to the Inspector General's Office for further review, investigation, and processing. Where the problem arises is two-fold, 1st the referral to a physician outside the Medicare recipients primary physician (yeah I know myinsurebiz you say you can't find anything which states that's illegal but pull your head out of your ass and think about it a moment in relation to this next part) and 2nd: The Anti Kickback Statute (AKS) is a criminal law that prohibits the knowing and willful payment of "remuneration" [[[[[[to induce or reward patient referrals or the generation of business involving any item or service payable by the Federal health care programs (e.g., drugs, supplies, or health care services for Medicare or Medicaid patients).]]]]]] Remuneration includes anything of value and can take many forms besides cash, such as free rent, expensive hotel stays and meals, and excessive compensation for medical directorships or consultancies. In some industries, it is acceptable to reward those who refer business to you. [[[[[[[However, in the Federal health care programs, paying for referrals is a crime.]]]]] The statute covers the payers of kickbacks-those who offer or pay remuneration- as well as the recipients of kickbacks-those who solicit or receive remuneration. Each party's intent is a key element of their liability under the AKS. (This is the link: https://prd-medweb-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/DCCI/files/Anti-Kickback Statute.pdf). Now I don't know what they are calling the payment you receive from whoever is paying you (referring doctor, labs doing testing, your upline, whoever), but it is nothing more than a KICKBACK paid to you for referring that Medicare recipient. It's really not rocket science if you step back and take a focused look at it.
Who said that Doctors are getting a kickback???? Don't assume this. Telemedicine Doctors get paid a salary (with this particular company doing this) and there is NO I said NO per swab fee that they get. No violation here.

Look - I checked in to this and was advised by my Attorney to run away - fast. The glass ceiling will crash - just when, is the answer.

I've tried almost every way known to man to make money. I've had 2 dozen concepts laughed about on this very forum. So - if I am running - then may want to also.

I even bought the web URL's:

www.DNAScreenTest.com

and

www.DNAScreenTests.com

Thinking I was going all in. Well - now, they are up for sale if anyone wants them.
I'll make an offer of..............

CarlosBastardo said:

After UHC's SCAM email went out, they even changed their position and killed their links that was linked to that email. They confirmed the process that we use is within their guidelines and they in fact will pay for the test provided it qualifies within the mandated required guidelines! They actually plan to start offering the test for $200 for those who don't qualify for $0 with insurance. SO...... Let it go slammers!! If you don't agree with the program that's fine, don't do it. But, stop speaking like you are experts or Guru's on the subject and stop telling agents this is illegal when it is not!!

Ummm, so Carlos... Where are you now, Boy since UHC sent out the second email stating they aren't involved in these shenanigans? Wiping egg off your face somewhere?

Tell us again about the $200 test offering?

Who said that Doctors are getting a kickback???? Don't assume this. Telemedicine Doctors get paid a salary (with this particular company doing this) and there is NO I said NO per swab fee that they get. No violation here.

Bahahahaha . . . You are special Amber. Seems you think you are an expert in this area and an Attorney too!

This will go down faster than the Zero Premium Life Insurance.

Back