Is It Just Me or Are Today's Seniors Rude?

houcoogster

Guru
1000 Post Club
I've making calls for med supps and these seniors are just flat out rude. Not to mention they are stubborn as a pack of mules. What has changed? Seniors use to be very nice folks for the most part. Now they are worse than the under-age market and selfish as all get out!

I've making calls for med supps and these seniors are just flat out rude. Not to mention they are stubborn as a pack of mules. What has changed? Seniors use to be very nice folks for the most part. Now they are worse than the under-age market and selfish as all get out!

Could it be that they don't appreciate being cold called out of the blue. Might it be your approach?

They are not only concerned about the future, but now have immediate concerns about their standard of living. Some of those that are rude to you will call you for assistance, at a later time.

There's a lot of rudeness going around now. Some of it has made it's way to this forum.

1/2 the seniors I know I swear are alcoholics. Seems like they hit the booze early at either the VFW, Moose Club or Eagles. I'm not sure if that is good or bad for business.

As a short timer, I have found them to be more congenial than others. Of course there are some that seem to have an axe to grind but that could be nothing more than having a bad day recuperating from a colonoscopy.

Most people are tired of this government induced recession and are ready to move forward. As bad as things may be for us, it is even worse for those who already retired only to find their nest egg doesn't go as far, their SS checks have not had an increase in 2 years while Medicare premiums and deductibles are increasing. At the same time, their property taxes are going up as is gasoline and food and the only job available requires them to wear a blue vest and be on their feet for hours at a time.

Somarco: Sounds like with your post above you may not be just fixated on the MLR like some yahoo accused you of. Maybe you have a full grasp of the entire mess this misguided Prez. and his loonies in Congress have continued to bury the country in.

Do not let your kids get between them at the Costco sample table. Or worst, Sunday at Hometown buffet.

Remember these are not the WWII seniors. These are their kids.

More and more newbie agents, more and more telemarketing for leads, more marketing pressure industry wide. Usually I get a client or two every once in a while calling me because someone is offering them a "great deal". Lately I've got more of those. Pressure is high out there with the unemployment rates what they are.

Back