Is It Just Me or Is It a Slow Time of Year...

thomasm

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nebraska
...for Supps.

I've been pretty consistent averaging 10 a month by telemarketing up until June, then my sales just dropped off the face of the earth!

Do you guys ramp up your marketing during the summer months, or do you just ride it out until OE when people start thinking about their Medicare again?

What have DM or other lead returns been like this summer?

Looking at my email list of people I've been dripping who said call me in October, it's gonna be a good OE! Either that or that's code for "don't call me again" haha!

Next summer, should I ramp up my marketing or just take June and July off and lay by the pool? :SLEEP:

Yes, summer is slower, multiply that by a very shaky market by Brexit, election, war on cops, a dumb ass as president... most seniors are in a holding pattern. Too much uncertainty makes them want to hold what ever is working already, savings be-dammed.

is it possible that elections this year will also have an effect on AEP?

if your looking for "reasons" I guess you can use that one, geez I got to vote not sure if I can look at my health insurance this year lol

Suggestion. If you are losing your mind, because the business flow has slowed. Begin a process of calling your existing clients and asking them how they are " feeling today ". This will keep you busy.....The sales/ referrals will follow. DR.:idea:

...for Supps. I've been pretty consistent averaging 10 a month by telemarketing up until June, then my sales just dropped off the face of the earth! Do you guys ramp up your marketing during the summer months, or do you just ride it out until OE when people start thinking about their Medicare again? What have DM or other lead returns been like this summer? Looking at my email list of people I've been dripping who said call me in October, it's gonna be a good OE! Either that or that's code for "don't call me again" haha! Next summer, should I ramp up my marketing or just take June and July off and lay by the pool? :SLEEP:
June was a slow month for sure but July has started off strong! 10 apps so far from telemarketing. MOO has some HUGE increases on the horizon... Good opportunity to talk

Next summer, should I ramp up my marketing or just take June and July off and lay by the pool? :SLEEP:

Lay by the pool...

Some of the best advice I ever got about Indy sales (U65, O65, Life, Financial Planning, whatever is an Individual decision) is that the sales cycle is:

45% Labor Day to Thanksgiving
45% January 2 to Memorial Day
10% During the Holidays and Summer

Nobody makes major decisions in the summer. And while its a no brainer to us, switching companies, right before the grandkids spend 2 weeks me with in the summer, seems a little rushed. Even if I am going to save $600/year.

Don't panic. Follow Up with them the last week in September. You'll get them eventually.

Back