Is it ok to hire the agent for selling my house ?

This has been covered in a previous post but experience shows that the offered price from a home buyer organization is generally 10-20% below market value. If you factor out the commission cost and the tedium of making sure the house is in order for any potential visit by a real estate customer and agent, factor out the offer/counter offer is it worth your time and money to list the property and wait 30-60 days for a sale or accept far less than you want to list the property just to have a check in 7 days? I have sold 2 homes and was able to negotiate the sales commission on both. I received Homebuyer offers on both properties at far less than my listed price. My final offer accepted was far more than any Homebuyer offer and neither property took more than 30 days to sell. I would say that the math does not work unless you are hard pressed to sell in a short period of time or the house needs lots of repairs

Well, that totally depends on the condition of the house. If it is located at a commercial area, you will be flooded with offers. Moreover, property maintenance also play a key role in selling a house. Identify the damages on the property and hire a contractor immediately for maintenance. Thereafter, you can put the property on sale.
However, if you still need help, hire a real estate agent.

Last edited:
This has been covered in a previous post but experience shows that the offered price from a home buyer organization is generally 10-20% below market value. If you factor out the commission cost and the tedium of making sure the house is in order for any potential visit by a real estate customer and agent, factor out the offer/counter offer is it worth your time and money to list the property and wait 30-60 days for a sale or accept far less than you want to list the property just to have a check in 7 days ? I have sold 2 homes and was able to negotiate the sales commission on both. I received Homebuyer offers on both properties at far less than my listed price. My final offer accepted was far more than any Homebuyer offer and neither property took more than 30 days to sell here Soller. I would say that the math does not work unless you are hard pressed to sell in a short period of time or the house needs lots of repairs
Hello. I own a house in California and just bought my first investment property in the midwest. I'm thinking of selling my house in California to move to the east coast and invest there with the money I make on that house. If I sell the house, should I hire an agent and go through the usual process, or sell it myself and save the 50K that I will pay for the agent commission? Should I even consider passing my real estate license since it will only be in 8 to 10 months from now?

Back