Is It Possible to Make Big $$$ in Under-65 Health Insurance While Avoiding the ACA?

Surancedawg

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am returning to under-65 health insurance sales, which I did before my previous home state banned non-ACA compliant major med plans. My question is, how important is selling ACA on/off exchange health plans to a health insurance agent's total portfolio?

I don't really want to have anything to do with the ACA or ACA compliant plans. I am licensed in a ton of states and am looking to do under-65 health insurance telesales. Thanks in advance.

I am returning to under-65 health insurance sales, which I did before my previous home state banned non-ACA compliant major med plans. My question is, how important is selling ACA on/off exchange health plans to a health insurance agent's total portfolio?

I don't really want to have anything to do with the ACA or ACA compliant plans. I am licensed in a ton of states and am looking to do under-65 health insurance telesales. Thanks in advance.

The only health insurance plans available are ACA compliant, whether on or off the exchange.

There are lots of call centers bypassing the rules and lying to consumers about STM and Indemnity plans, if you have no morals or scruples I'm sure you could make a few bucks for awhile.

The only health insurance plans available are ACA compliant, whether on or off the exchange.

There are lots of call centers bypassing the rules and lying to consumers about STM and Indemnity plans, if you have no morals or scruples I'm sure you could make a few bucks for awhile.

Don't really see how its "immoral" to help people get SOME coverage who want nothing to do with the boondoggle known as Obamacare......

Don't really see how its "immoral" to help people get SOME coverage who want nothing to do with the boondoggle known as Obamacare......

It's immoral believe FLM with a stm they still have to pay penalty. If you got out before or right around it started then you might want to do yourself a favor and stay out.

Not to mention you don't know the difference between obamacare and ACA.

Other than no pre-ex covered, the distinct possibility of claims not being paid, limited benefits, and payment of the penalty for not having qualifying coverage I guess there isn't anything morally wrong with STM.

You will fit right in with the call center mentality, make sure your E&O is paid up

Except Insurance is not meant to cover pre ex, and many will be exempt from penalty, and it's better than nothing, and aca plans also deny claims.

Except Insurance is not meant to cover pre ex, and many will be exempt from penalty, and it's better than nothing, and aca plans also deny claims.

There's a big difference between offering STM to a limited group of clients who are penalty exempt and are over 400% FPL and offering STM to everyone regardless of circumstances just because they hate ACA.

And where does it say insurance is not meant to cover pre-ex? In the fully Underwritten days pre-ex was covered unless it was specifically excluded on the contract or the applicant didn't disclose treatment on the application.

We can disagree about the use of STM in certain situations and circumstances but you are the last person who would offer someone at 240% FPL STM instead of a CSR plan regardless of compensation while call centers and this guy would feed on the ACA hatred to sign them up.

Other than no pre-ex covered, the distinct possibility of claims not being paid, limited benefits, and payment of the penalty for not having qualifying coverage I guess there isn't anything morally wrong with STM.

You will fit right in with the call center mentality, make sure your E&O is paid up

No pre-ex is why it doesn't cost, well, an arm and a leg. You know, Guaranteed Issue life insurance is a lot crappier coverage than underwritten life insurance. But no one would suggest its "immoral" to sell life insurance that rejects folks with pre-existing conditions.

As far as claims not being paid, face it, that is a problem with the entire insurance industry. I've known of plenty of people over the years that had "good" employer-sponsored health plans that would arbitrarily refuse to cover some treatments. It happens.

So long as you make it clear up front that they are still subject to the penalty, no problem there either.

It sounds like you guys are a couple of homers for Obamacare. I'm sorry for your situation, but its not my fault that your days are numbered.

No pre-ex is why it doesn't cost, well, an arm and a leg. You know, Guaranteed Issue life insurance is a lot crappier coverage than underwritten life insurance. But no one would suggest its "immoral" to sell life insurance that rejects folks with pre-existing conditions.

As far as claims not being paid, face it, that is a problem with the entire insurance industry. I've known of plenty of people over the years that had "good" employer-sponsored health plans that would arbitrarily refuse to cover some treatments. It happens.

So long as you make it clear up front that they are still subject to the penalty, no problem there either.

It sounds like you guys are a couple of homers for Obamacare. I'm sorry for your situation, but its not my fault that your days are numbered.

Look, chump, you have no clue about any of this and everything you write shows it.

My business is fine regardless of whether ACA is the law or not because I have hundreds of clients who trust me to help them do the right thing. The fact that you are trying to return to this segment shows that you are both desperate and completely out of touch, bye, bye

Back