Is It Really Worth It

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Is it really worth it to have med supp in your tool bag? I threw in the towel Oct 1. I started the ahip and one of the carrier trainings and thought to it self do I want to do this every year? So I said F it. I'm wondering if I might have made a mistake.

Is it really worth it to have med supp in your tool bag? I threw in the towel Oct 1. I started the ahip and one of the carrier trainings and thought to it self do I want to do this every year? So I said F it. I'm wondering if I might have made a mistake.

You don't need AHIP for Med Sups at all.

Once you pass your health licensing you are ready to go with Med Sups. So yes. They are worth having. Even if you only grab the easiest lay downs that fall in your lap.

Med Advantage is the difficult one with all the AHIP and regulations. That one you shouldn't mess with unless you really want to actually go for it and do it right.

Chris's or Rick's site both would've mentioned you don't need AHIP for med supps. At less than $20 bucks per month for each site, that's a lot cheaper than that $125 you just dropped on AHIP.

MedicareAgentTraining.com
MedicareTraining101.com

Chris's or Rick's site both would've mentioned you don't need AHIP for med supps. At less than $20 bucks per month for each site, that's a lot cheaper than that $125 you just dropped on AHIP. MedicareAgentTraining.com MedicareTraining101.com

My FMO was really pushing us to get this done saying we could make 25-30k in 7 weeks. I tried, but just got tired of the quizzes and tests and to think I'd have to do this year after year. I know ... A little lazy lol, but do you really need MA?

My FMO was really pushing us to get this done saying we could make 25-30k in 7 weeks. I tried, but just got tired of the quizzes and tests and to think I'd have to do this year after year. I know ... A little lazy lol, but do you really need MA?
If you have a decent size book to work from, then maybe.

If you have a market plan and plenty of capital and can drop 10,000 or so mailers, then yes. Just don't expect to be paid anything until January.

If your good at networking and can build strategic alliances with other professionals, then yes.

If you plan to cold call or door knock, well that's illegal.

That's the one thing I love about all the training for MA and PDP. Very few new agents are willing to go through the training so therefore little to no competition. In my area I only know of 1 other agent under the age of 60 and no new ones waiting in line to do all the certifications year after year.

Last edited:
That's the one thing I love about all the training for MA and PDP. Very few new agents are willing to through the training so therefore little to no competition. In my area I only know of 1 other agent under the age of 60 and no new ones waiting in line to do all the certifications year after year.
That and also the fact that most new agents need money now, not in January. And I doubt your the only one out there chasing T-65's.

Medsupps are worth it, MAPD is debatable I suppose. I know agents who only do one, and not the other, and both of them are perfectly fine collecting their renewal checks each month. Each of the agents Im thinking of have a book of about 700 customers.

Medsupps are worth it, MAPD is debatable I suppose. I know agents who only do one, and not the other, and both of them are perfectly fine collecting their renewal checks each month. Each of the agents Im thinking of have a book of about 700 customers.

That's only around 14k a month. Not sure if that's worth it.

Back