Is It Really Worth It

Apparently all the other replies weren't good enough to comment on. AHIP and certs are a breeze if you have a few hours. For 25 to 30k, it seems like a no brainer, although those numbers are pie in the sky for a new agent.

Apparently all the other replies weren't good enough to comment on. AHIP and certs are a breeze if you have a few hours. For 25 to 30k, it seems like a no brainer, although those numbers are pie in the sky for a new agent.

Not really. I made my decision to go into Medicare in late September, starting studying everything I could, got contracted, started marketing, day and night 12 hours a day six days a week. I had 55 med supps on the books by the middle of December. 55 x an average of 300/yr is over $16k, do that all year... it can be a very nice business.

That has been a few years ago and I was not a green agent, I had sold health and life insurances for 10 years before that so I had a clue on how to deal with people.

Not really. I made my decision to go into Medicare in late September, starting studying everything I could, got contracted, started marketing, day and night 12 hours a day six days a week. I had 55 med supps on the books by the middle of December. 55 x an average of 300/yr is over $16k, do that all year... it can be a very nice business.

That has been a few years ago and I was not a green agent, I had sold health and life insurances for 10 years before that so I had a clue on how to deal with people.

I was referencing 25 to 30 in 7 weeks. Big #s for a newb

I have been in the insurance business for 6 years. The last 4 years I have focused mainly on med supp. I have NEVER taken the AHIP. Hope I never have to. So, No to AHIP. Yes to me supp.

If you are planning on exclusively selling in the Medicare market I would say it is definitely worth it to be offering Medicare Advantage/Supplement.

I personally stick with supplements, less hassle.

The problem is that the "season" is only between 10/15 and 12/07. Most people don't realize they can change sups any time of the year. MA plans your locked into.

Well I think having a Sup plan or 3 in your toolbox is a good idea, I would not want it to be my only source of income.

The problem is that the "season" is only between 10/15 and 12/07. Most people don't realize they can change sups any time of the year. MA plans your locked into.

Well I think having a Sup plan or 3 in your toolbox is a good idea, I would not want it to be my only source of income.

Psst! I did that before the "season" existed. That was a year before part D existed and four years before I messed with Advantage plans.

Back