Is it true 93% of new insurance agents fail within 1st 3 years?!

You got to the forum in May, and you have made your rounds already :eek:

So what does that mean? Do you jump IMO's every month?
Every IMO made it seem like they could truly offer me something the last one didn't, i had enough money to experiment with IMO's until i found one i truly liked. Me, personally i'll never do a sale that isn't on the phone ever again lol.

Yes BUT...in car sales you can’t get a bunch of them financed. “I’ll take it today if you can get me a loan” is a common problem.

In insurance sales we can get them all approved for monthly payments. Regardless of credit.
You know how many deals i couldn't get through west lake financial with 80% down? it got to the point where the financial company would literally charge us to take them as a client haha.

Car sales = customer comes to you

Insurance sales = customers hide from you

I did very well in car sales, and it really isn't too different from insurance sales. If you really want to "kill it" you have to prospect off the lot. I really enjoyed car sales, and there are days I really miss getting up and going to the car lot. However, nothing compares to being able to spend $600 to $900/week and have enough Glenngarry type leads to generate a $3 to $5K pay day or more that week.

If I could figure out a way to get 20 to 30 people interested in looking at a new or used vehicle to call me or send me a DM card requesting information each week, I'd give some serious consideration to going back on the lot - at least part time evenings and Saturday mornings.

Every IMO made it seem like they could truly offer me something the last one didn't, i had enough money to experiment with IMO's until i found one i truly liked. Me, personally i'll never do a sale that isn't on the phone ever again lol.

So you're with Dojo now?

Yes BUT...in car sales you can’t get a bunch of them financed. “I’ll take it today if you can get me a loan” is a common problem.

In insurance sales we can get them all approved for monthly payments. Regardless of credit.
You can even get them approved if they have no money at all.. Of course the first draft will bounce and it will NTO but you got them "approved"... :yes:

For the car salesperson, the hardest part is dealing with the customers looking around stage. Because they may look at 10 dealers before deciding what they want. In Life insurance, the looking around stage is very small and easy. They are either uninsurable -pass or are being chased by 50 agents. The rest of the money is people who need life insurance and who believe they dont need any life insurance, it can wait for when its needed.If people were given a choice on an airplane whether to sit next to a life insurance salesman or car salesman, I would bet the life insurance salesman would get the whole row from himself everytime.

For the car salesperson, the hardest part is dealing with the customers looking around stage. Because they may look at 10 dealers before deciding what they want. In Life insurance, the looking around stage is very small and easy. They are either uninsurable -pass or are being chased by 50 agents. The rest of the money is people who need life insurance and who believe they dont need any life insurance, it can wait for when its needed.If people were given a choice on an airplane whether to sit next to a life insurance salesman or car salesman, I would bet the life insurance salesman would get the whole row from himself everytime.
On the don't need life insurance, I used something I read in one of Zig's books... the word "yet"... The interview was kinda of dragging and the wife said something about they really didn't need insurance... I said, "I agree with you"... She looked at me, kind of surprized that I would agree with that statement.. Then I said, "You don't need life insurance .....yet"..She smiled and said, well, I guess that is right, I don't need it --yet" to which I replied, but if you wait until you need it, you can't get it"... Started asking he husband the questions and then after completing his app, I completed hers... Wasn't a big sale, $75 per month.. and I don't know if "yet" made a difference but it sure seemed to do so. :yes:

Based on the car salesmen and life insurance salesmen I've met, I'd take the car salesman every time. Frankly there is a good chance I would just skip the flight all together.

Again, based on the ones I've met, I wouldn't trust either one any farther than I could throw them. If they said the sky was blue, I'd go outside and double check.

Back