Is opening a P&C biz the best way

rapidrobert

Guru
100+ Post Club
Oklahoma
How do dual business situations work

Say like owning a PC business, but offering clients choices with Life and Health?

I sold life along with health and had decent success for a few years. However, before that I worked with a Farmer's agency and seemed to have had more success selling life to his auto clients.

Any guru type advice?

Last edited:
Re: How do dual business situations work

You may run into the problem of finding P&C markets. The commitments required by the P&C companies that have a well known name are rather high. You can find some good on line or local brokerage arrangements that will give you access to markets. Drawback is you may give up 30 points (more or less) on the commission. I have an arrangement with a local brokerage that this year will be giving us direct access to some carriers. There is SAA that gives you direct access but it will cost you a fee. About four years ago I was talking with them and it was @ $10,500 to sign up.

Say like owning a PC business, but offering clients choices with Life and Health?

I sold life along with health and had decent success for a few years. However, before that I worked with a Farmer's agency and seemed to have had more success selling life to his auto clients.

Any guru type advice?

Wow! I think I'll just do it the old fashioned way. I had leads from Ullico that I used to have a good amount of success with and also had several health clients who became life clients. I think I'll just break back into my own Modus Operandi.

Thank you for the reply!

Re: How do dual business situations work

Any guru type advice?

Not sure what you're asking here.... Many places offer P&C, health and life. Stop in my office someday.

Dan

Back