Is Plan N Worth the risk?

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I know most providers accept the assignments and even if they don't it's only 15%. Correct me if I'm wrong but what happens if it's a emergency surgery in an emergency room or a regular outpatient surgery it can add up. In Illinois, I sell only G very rarely F but I have a client moving to Naples Florida and N is about $40 bucks cheaper a month.

Am I looking at this right?

I have several hundred clients on Plan N. 75% of my book is Plan N.

Never had an issue with ANY of them regarding assignment. Even if the ER doc didn't access assignment (and this would be as unlikely as Pelosi saying something intelligent), it couldn't cost more than a few hundred out of client's pocket vs. $480 in premium savings.

Rick

I know most providers accept the assignments and even if they don't it's only 15%. Correct me if I'm wrong but what happens if it's a emergency surgery in an emergency room or a regular outpatient surgery it can add up. In Illinois, I sell only G very rarely F but I have a client moving to Naples Florida and N is about $40 bucks cheaper a month.

Am I looking at this right?

It really isn't 15%. It's only 9.25%.

Here in az, everyone seems to go to mayo who of course does not accept assignment. F is $140 mo, g is $123. I won't take risk of N at those prices.

I have yet to find a hospital that does not accept Medicare assignment.

A non-participating provider has to disclose they are non-participating prior to any services rendered. The Mayo Clinic is the most well-known facility that does not accept the Medicare assignment. This can be a billing nightmare since the client is paid for the services and then the client has to pay the clinic directly.

More on that here:
More about Medicare - Billing and Insurance at Mayo Clinic - Billing – Insurance - Mayo Clinic

Back