Is Pre-paid Legal Worth Offering As an Add-on to Any Type of Insurance?

GetInsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Michigan
Does anyone offer pre-paid legal as an add on to their existing base of customers? Lawyer insurance might be an easy up-sell to the individual market. Does anyone here do this with any success or is it just a waste of time?

Sorry, not me. I didn't even know it could be an add on. Easy up sell is right though...But I would read the fine print of such an add on. I've read that if one takes that benefit, they simply call a number and get a free consultation or they speak with an actual attorney and THEY refer them to another attorney. The referal is what they paid for; that's all they get. Or the services are limited to no fault divorce or a real estate closing. Pre-paid legal doesn't really extend to a criminal defense I don't think.

Does anyone offer pre-paid legal as an add on to their existing base of customers? Lawyer insurance might be an easy up-sell to the individual market. Does anyone here do this with any success or is it just a waste of time?

I signed up with them at one time. I guess my concern is that the client understand the limitations of the prepaid legal programs and I think it puts me in the same light as the other MLM out there that are not insurance licensed..I don't want to risk a large life or health case for a prepaid legal sale. But I had the same thought of offering Identy theft protection legal and the like. I eventually decided it detracted from my core business and wasn't worth the side tracking that is did to me...You may feel differently

I see your points, and they make sense. I met one of their salesmen at a chamber meeting, and he said it should be an easy in for people already on the books, and I can link my site to a demonstration of their services, but I think it might be too cheesy and make me look bad to some clients that I'm involved with a MLM company.

Ok here goes. Yes it's a viable product. All things are not for everyone. Call the person you talked to and just sit down and get some facts. many people today do not have a will, living Will or durable Power Of Attorney not to mention know when it's advisable to have a trust. As for the "MLM" side. You do not have to recruit anyone if you choose not to. You can market the plans individually. Consider this. Do any of your clients ever have to have docments reviewed before they sign them? Do any of your clients ever have legal questions? Do any of your clients have teenage drivers? The company has the endorsement of former Atttorney Generals.

As I said all things are not for everyone. PPL is much more than just face value, The offer group plans. Small Business Plans. Plans for CDL Drivers and an Identity Theft Plan. If you just wanted to offer Identity theft plans you could do it. get the information. If you feel it's in your best business interest go for it...If not well, nothing lost but a little time..

Ok here goes. Yes it's a viable product. All things are not for everyone. Call the person you talked to and just sit down and get some facts. many people today do not have a will, living Will or durable Power Of Attorney not to mention know when it's advisable to have a trust. As for the "MLM" side. You do not have to recruit anyone if you choose not to. You can market the plans individually. Consider this. Do any of your clients ever have to have docments reviewed before they sign them? Do any of your clients ever have legal questions? Do any of your clients have teenage drivers? The company has the endorsement of former Atttorney Generals.

As I said all things are not for everyone. PPL is much more than just face value, The offer group plans. Small Business Plans. Plans for CDL Drivers and an Identity Theft Plan. If you just wanted to offer Identity theft plans you could do it. get the information. If you feel it's in your best business interest go for it...If not well, nothing lost but a little time..

It is cheesy but wont detract from your core business if the insurance products you are offering are also cheesy. So it might downgrade some but not others.

I've owned a membership to protect my family and myself for almost 25 years. You may hear from some who do not understand it, yet still try to sound like EXPERTS about things that they don't know about.

Get back with the person who showed you about PPLSI, and have them show you the DVD that has been shown on national TV on Court TV and True TV. There have been some recent improvements in the compensation plan.

In order to offer the service for 35 years, it has to be approved by insurance commissioners, and attorney generals of some states have to judge that the membership dues and benefits are in the best interests of the public. Former attorney generals, and the former President of the American Bar Association have great praises for Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc. (PPLSI)

Major financial magazines such as Forbes, Fortune, Money, etc. have used their extensive research experts and have written praising articles about PPLSI.

However, the best way to judge PPLSI's membership is how many families and businesses VOLUNTARILY pay their monthly membership dues WITHOUT being LOCKED into a one, two, or three year contract like cellular phones, gym, and other services that FAST TALK you into signing a contract. There are over 1.5 MILLION MEMBERS !!!

The benefits are the same in most states, however they vary in some states. In 15 states, it is considered an insurance product and you have to have an insurance license or be registered. Michigan does NOT require you to be a licensed agent.

It's a stand alone product, not an add on product. Many do NOT understand how to use the most VALUABLE benefits, PREVENTATIVE LEGAL SERVICES. Advice from a lawyer can keep a legal QUESTION from becoming a legal PROBLEM or CRISIS !!!

Educate your clients about how to use the preventative services to get a will, living will, and durable medical power of attorney done for the member, spouse, and covered memebrs who are 18 and over. Remind them to never sign anything, even to buy a car without their attorney reviewing the contract.

Explain who is covered. Get them to call the law firm and ask any questions that they have and have them fill out their will questionaires.

If they don't use it, because they do NOT know who is covered and WHAT is covered, then they may eventually cancel it without even using it for their wills, legal questions, and contract reviews of even contracts that they have already signed.

Sometimes you can't appreciate what you had ... UNTIL IT'S GONE !

Explain that after they have had the coverage for 15 days that any NEW MOVING traffic tickets are covered, and to NOT PLEAD GUILTY to any tickets. Otherwise they might be paying higher rates for the next 3 to 5 years or more.

Even the BEST CAR INSURANCE will NOT pay even a single PENNY to defend you against criminal charges such as Negligent Vehicular Homicide or manslaughter. However, if it's been at least 15 days since you joined before the accident, and you are NOT DUI, hit and run, or drving a vehicle with more than two axles then you are covered if the vehicle is properly licensed and insured, and you have the owner's permission to use the vehicle as a licensed driver, then you or a covered member can be covered !!! for these criminal charges !!!

Keeping the points off your license can save you a lot on your insurance.

If something causes you to be sued from an incident that happened after you became a member or a job-related criminal charge, then you are covered under a schedule of benefit hours.

Under the FAMILY membership, you and your spouse or significant other are covered for PERSONAL IRS audits. There are BUSINESS LEGAL plans that may cover you for "Schedule C" IRS Audits.

PRE-EXISTING conditions are covered under the PREVENTATIVE legal advice, and also under the 25% preferred member discount.

Contrary to what another poster said, no-contest divorces are not covered, except under the PREVENTATIVE legal advice, and also under the 25% preferred member discount.

The longer that you and your clients keep it, the more pre-trial and in-court legal defense hours that you will have. They get REPLINISHED for new lawsuits that happen during the next membership year.

To enroll memberships, you'll have to BREAK SOME OLD RULES of INSURANCE.

# 1. The clients get more benefit hours during their first 5 years, BUT you can't charge them more.

# 2. You can add a spouse or significant other, and children, but you can't charge them more.

# 3. You can't raise their rates or cancel them for using it too much. PPLSI has NEVER raised a members rates in the 35+ years that they have been in business.

# 4. Just because they have or have had legal problems, you can NOT decline to cover them, exclude that problem from future coverage, or charge them higher rates.

# 5. PRE-EXISTING conditions are covered under the PREVENTATIVE legal advice, and also under the 25% preferred member discount.

You'll get paid just like an agent or broker with advances, over-rides, and renewal income. However, it's not a service contract. You can will it to your spouse, children, church, or favorite charities.

Let me know if you have other questions.

The NEW YORK Stock Exchange investigates before they allow stock to be traded on their exchange. PPLSI has been checked out from A to Z and Z to A, many times, but some still say negative about them and other great companies.

Don't forget to check out the Identity Theft Shield, 24/7 EMERGENCY ACCESS Legal Shield RIDER.

Best wishes,
Joe

Back