Is Prudential a Good Company to Start Career ?

Georges

Expert
I will be graduating college with a bachelor degree in business in may 2013. I wanted to enter the finance/insurance sales industry. Prudential seems to have a good training program and have a good reputation. Any thoughts on if its a good place to start? Both for experience and earnings. Not placing much emphasis on income for my first year, If I make $30,000 first year, I won't worry to much. Experience is what I'm more focused on.

Thanks for all the advice! Need to give them an answer soon whether or not I accept their offer. (Financial professional associate).

Thanks all!

I will be graduating college with a bachelor degree in business in may 2013. I wanted to enter the finance/insurance sales industry. Prudential seems to have a good training program and have a good reputation. Any thoughts on if its a good place to start? Both for experience and earnings. Not placing much emphasis on income for my first year, If I make $30,000 first year, I won't worry to much. Experience is what I'm more focused on.

Thanks for all the advice! Need to give them an answer soon whether or not I accept their offer. (Financial professional associate).

Thanks all!

Certainly easy Name recognition. I worked with them in the late 80's. The major consideration is going to be the quality of the Mangement in YOUR office. If you can, try to visit with and ask 3 or 4 existing agent's in the office where you will be working. Ask them about the quality of training, the support, etc. If you have good management, it will be a god place to start. If not, RUN!

Certainly easy Name recognition. I worked with them in the late 80's. The major consideration is going to be the quality of the Mangement in YOUR office. If you can, try to visit with and ask 3 or 4 existing agent's in the office where you will be working. Ask them about the quality of training, the support, etc. If you have good management, it will be a god place to start. If not, RUN!

The company is not nearly as important as the local management.

Back