Is RECamp Still Relevant?

JohnWalker

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has Anyone Heard of RECamp?

I've been working on a marketing program to solicit referrals from real estate agents and mortgage lenders and came across RECamp. I've reviewed some posts on this forum but most of them are from a few years ago like this one and this one.

I've also done some Google research, which obviously makes me an expert :D, and found out that they pretty much just mail follow up cards using this company as explained by this company.

My questions are:

1. Is this system still relevant now that email marketing is more popular
2. What's the difference between paying for the REcamp system vs using the mailing company directly and developing your own scripts? (I'm assuming it's their scripts and some kind of white label reporting)
3. Has anyone paid for the system and care to share it with me and the community?

Last edited:
Recamp is a system that allows you to show value to realtors / mortgage brokers. If you can do that without their system, then go for it.

Its hard to develop a steady flow of referrals from the real estate crowd, especially mortgage brokers. You have to have something that makes you stand out among the other 100 agents that have asked for the same thing, some of which are their relatives. Recamp came out with a somewhat unique way to help you stand out.

Unfortunately, years ago, Recamp did a marketing blunder, thought they were more valuable than they were, tried to charge to much and their system somewhat fell apart because it is reasonably easy to clone the concept. Many agents did just that, cloned the concept, but usually not the effectiveness.

You can buy the cards online now, without having to buy the whole system. Makes it a bit more affordable if you are just looking to get in on the 'cheap'. Unfortunately, they have raised the price of the cards as well. Welcome to Our Store | Appreciation Kards by Next Level Marketing

Dan

Thanks for the info Dan.

I'm curious did you purchase their system? If you did, are you to share any of their scripts or marketing materials that came with the system?

I never did purchase the system. Long story, wasn't through lack of effort on my part trying to buy it though. At the time, Send-Out-Cards had a similar system which was a bit easier to use and I had the realtors lined up already. Not sure if they still have it or not.

If you want to use their scripts and system, you should buy it. If you want to create your own, do that. The concept isn't hard to copy but the devil is in the details, that is what they charge for.

Dan

Do you think sending out postcards on behalf of real estate agents is effective now that email marketing is around? And is this something a real estate agent would even care about?

Its not postcards, its greeting cards. People still like getting stuff like this in the mail.

Personally, I'm not a fan of getting a birthday greeting card in my email inbox, but I love them in the regular mail. Based on this, yes, I think it is very effective.

I highly recommend not asking a bunch of insurance guys if this is effective, but ask your parents, neighbors, friends, etc if they still like getting birthday and christmas cards in the mail. If so, you have your answer.

If you don't believe in it though, you won't convince a realtor to believe in it.

Dan

If you don't believe in it though, you won't convince a realtor to believe in it.

I come from the world of office supplies and kitchen cutlery. You've never seen me sell :laugh:

Thanks for the insight. Helpful as always Dan.

Back