Is Selling Insurance is a Numbers Game?

Yes, selling insurance is a numbers game. However, most agents don't know which numbers are crucial to their success.

We have trained thousands of agents. Very few highly successful agents buy "leads." They use a highly target list of suspects that are most likely to buy from them. They start with a list of 750 names and after a year, they are continuing to contact about 500 per month. That kind of list costs about 30¢ to 60¢ per name.

The most successful track their numbers daily, weekly, monthly, and year-to-date, mostly in this order.

Cold-Calls

Warm-Calls
Offers made
Appointments
1st visits closes
2nd visits closes
3rd visits closes
Closed Sales
Commissions Earned

The higher the number of all calls, the more successful they are.

The higher the percentage of Warm-Calls they make than Cold-Calls, the greater their closing rates.

The fewer appointments per closed sales, the more successful they are.

The higher the number of all calls, the more successful they are.

The higher the percentage of Warm-Calls they make than Cold-Calls, the greater their closing rates.

The fewer appointments per closed sales, the more successful they are.

Could have saved you all the trouble and expense of doing extensive tracking to come to these conclusions. Common sense tells you these three statements are true.

I don't even..............

Yes ??? I am married to a lady who has a habit of not completing sentences.. Drives me nuts at times.. But what is really bad is my eldest daughter always knows what her mother was going to say.. :yes:

The other thing they do is they will be talking about something and the conversation will come to an end. Then a day or two later, out of the clear blue sky, one will say something like, "She really didn't mean it".., the other will answer, "Oh, I think she did". I am asking, "who? didn't mean what?" and yet they know exactly what is being discussed even though the conversation has had a 48 hour break. :no:

Latest posts

Back