Is Superior Access Still Superior in 2016?

marindependent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone else out there had either noticed or knew why Superior Access's 'access' is no longer as superior as it once was.

They have just completely removed the Hartford and lost Travelers last year.

Thank you

I started going to other outlets because in the past year they've added additional steps to the binding process, and I don't much care for it. They still have Travelers in my state but The Hartford has been gone for a month or two, so for personal lines they don't have much to offer anymore.

Basically, instead of returning to you with an actual firm quote w/ reports, when you request bind they just spit back a soft quote at you (isn't that what ezlynx is for???) and want you to collect bank or CC information before they even run reports. You send them payment forms, THEN they run reports and if nothing changes will bind coverage, if there's any adjustment that needs to be made, now you are filling out payment forms and signing apps again. They claim it speeds things up, but I don't see how since you're just adding additional steps. Too much back and forth. Only reason I haven't cancelled my membership is I have some homeowners business through them that I can't roll to another wholesaler - nobody else has Stillwater and Universal N/A - and I'd like to continue using those carriers.
To be honest, I can't look a potential client in the eye and ask them for that without being able to give them a firm premium amount. Just don't feel right about it.

I was so glad that I saw your post. I was just going to join Superior Access. I need to think about it now. Again, thank you very much for your info.

Of the clusters I've actually spoken to, I'd suggest Insurance Pro Agencies. Fair commission split, easy exit terms - they don't provide access to as many carriers as some others, but it's as much or more than what the wholesalers would get, so if you're looking at Superior Access it wouldn't be a big deal.

There are also some guys on here that run smaller aggregators on their own. I think I talked with verbgravy about his? If you're concerned about who really owns the business you write (as I was), their program is very clear and fair as well.

I went through SIAA and didn't research anybody else at the time.

Do you regret it?

How does binding work? I am able to bind, and I've never had it any other way. How much business do you lose by not being able to bind it right away?

I have full binding authority & the only thing I regret is not looking into other groups that cost less. Hindsight is 20/20 though so whatever.

What group(s) would you go with if you could go back in time?

Sorry, just seems like you have a very specific knowledge of a very specific item I'm looking into.

Back