Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Securus

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Daviso -?
NorthStar
Senior Life
Securus

Who else should I be talking to? Is comp reduced? Still get renewals? Free leads? Lead cost?

I'm ruling Securus out after confirming who is running it.

Does North Star offer at home or is it call center only?

Phone sales for FE for the independent agent as a business model is a failed model. Always has been. Always will be.

Are there unicorns out there that make it work for them in spite of all the odds against it? Yes. I know of 2.

Who's to say that you are not the 3rd one?

Most of us on the forum work F2F so you probably won't get much response for telesales. I worked term by phone for quite a while and it was tough and I think you will find FE even more difficult. The reason I stopped was because of lead quality. Years ago you could purchase an exclusive lead and now there is no such thing. It may be sold once by your vendor, but it doesn't mean they didn't respond to multiple others. Even with FE people send in several reply cards.

It seems like those who do well at telesales only do so in a call center environment. I wonder if there are any truly independent telesales agents that work from home and do well.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but man it just seems so dang hard to do FE by phone. Man how do people even do that?

Phone sales for FE for the independent agent as a business model is a failed model. Always has been. Always will be.

Are there unicorns out there that make it work for them in spite of all the odds against it? Yes. I know of 2.

Who's to say that you are not the 3rd one?

Who are the two you know? Do they train?

----------

It seems like those who do well at telesales only do so in a call center environment. I wonder if there are any truly independent telesales agents that work from home and do well.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but man it just seems so dang hard to do FE by phone. Man how do people even do that?

It us being done in call centers I don't know why it can't be done at home.

Yes, North Star does allow agents to work from home. Although many independent agents fail out of telesales, many agents at North Star do very well. Here are three agents from a convention trip that all cleared 100k, and were in the top 20 agents for AmAm, working from the comfort of their homes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are the two you know? Do they train?

----------

It us being done in call centers I don't know why it can't be done at home.

The ones that I know do not have downline agents.

It is not being done in call centers either. Only the marketers for the call centers will tell you that it is.

I have a friend that runs a call center. Early last year or maybe the year before he was asking me about my production. This was around the first quarter and I was about $70K or so. He said his superstar was about the same. I asked how many leads she got and he said usually 40-50 per week but sometimes more. Then he said he gave her the leads. :laugh:

I asked him if she was on 110-120% contracts with free leads. He said, oh no, she's way less than that. So I said, she's paid you $30-35K so far for free leads?? He was, well, if you want to look at it like that?:goofy:

That fall I asked him how his superstar was doing. He said she didn't work out. :1wink:

But, if I were determined to go against all the evidence as you seem to be, I would contact Greg at Senior Life and do it exactly as he teaches.

Unless you're the type to sit in a cubicle all day and get the mushroom treatment? If you are that then you could contact one of boiler-room operations and have at it.

The ones that I know do not have downline agents.

It is not being done in call centers either. Only the marketers for the call centers will tell you that it is.

I have a friend that runs a call center. Early last year or maybe the year before he was asking me about my production. This was around the first quarter and I was about $70K or so. He said his superstar was about the same. I asked how many leads she got and he said usually 40-50 per week but sometimes more. Then he said he gave her the leads. :laugh:

I asked him if she was on 110-120% contracts with free leads. He said, oh no, she's way less than that. So I said, she's paid you $30-35K so far for free leads?? He was, well, if you want to look at it like that?:goofy:

That fall I asked him how his superstar was doing. He said she didn't work out. :1wink:

But, if I were determined to go against all the evidence as you seem to be, I would contact Greg at Senior Life and do it exactly as he teaches.

Unless you're the type to sit in a cubicle all day and get the mushroom treatment? If you are that then you could contact one of boiler-room operations and have at it.

Any idea on contract levels at Senior Life? Greg who?

----------

Yes, North Star does allow agents to work from home. Although many independent agents fail out of telesales, many agents at North Star do very well. Here are three agents from a convention trip that all cleared 100k, and were in the top 20 agents for AmAm, working from the comfort of their homes:

2017 Final Expense Telesales Review of North Star Insurance Advisors - YouTube

An Elite Final Expense Telesales Producers Review of North Star - YouTube

2017 Selling Final Expense by Phone: TOP PRODUCER - YouTube

How many carriers?

----------

How many carriers?

Greg goes by the insuranceman, or something like that on here.

He recruits but he also actually writes business.

When these recruiters/marketers are telling you all about their business just ask them a simple question, how much do you personally produce?

Not how much production from their team or that they know about. How much personal production are you doing with the method you are recruiting me for? If they claim to produce then ask for proof. If they are writing business they can prove it.

I would ask the same question of the person recruiting for face to face too. If the person you will be working under is not a producer then don't sign up with them. FE is not something that can be taught by someone that hasn't done it.

Last edited:

----------

How many carriers?

I'll share my research - I would not go with senior life or Greg. He has never produced a 100k producer. I don't care how much business he writes, it's clear his system does not work for his downline.

Daviso will give you multiple contracts from the range of 80 to 100% with $10 leads. He says they are tv leads, but when I looked it up I couldn't find tv for less than $40.

North Star has low commissions but they do not bill you for the leads you take. I'd consider them to be the most stable and have the highest income earners, but to the owners own admittance his platform is not for everyone.

Securus, I know those videos look terrible but I spoke to Lauro Herrera once and he was a good guy. But there telesales platform is new, so I'd be careful.

If you need training and hand holding go with North Star, they will give you the most support. If you can do this on your own and don't need the hand holding, call Dave Duford, Bboman, spur city, or any imo on here and get the highest contract you can for any telesales carriers and do it yourself.

Latest posts

Back