Is The 4 Hour Insurance Work Week A Crock?

It would take a lot of work and time to get to the point where you'd only have to work 4 hours per week. Things take time to build in this business, and you ain't a gonna git er done in 4 hours a week. But, feel free to put in your 1 hour day and take Fridays off. It's less competition for me to worry about, especially when you end up on welfare or working at a gas station. lol

Ok. What gives with the disappearing posts? Have I entered the Twilight Zone or something? I know I posted in this thread a few minutes ago. lol

Peter,

Please understand that this is not directed at just you but to all agents who are spending/wasting their time looking for an easy way to be successful in this business.

It does not exist! It doesn't matter who's book you read or what sales system you purchase.

What does work, is extreme product knowledge, learning how to most effectively prospect, and spending a lot of hours of hard work.

If agents, especially relatively new agents, would spend their time doing those things instead of wasting hours/days searching for an "easy" way to do it they just might be as successful as many of the agents on this board.

The really successful ones got that way by a lot of hours of hard work when they first got started and with most of them, learning how to do their own prospecting. Then and usually only then can they "kick back" and take some time off or maybe get by with working only 25 to 35 hours a week. I'm talking years to get to that point, not months.

With phone sales, it doesn't take years, maybe 18 months and you can take a month off.

You do have to pay in advance for that to happen, which most don't or won't do.

Wow, what a fury of posts...

I'm not saying I want to work 4 hours a week. I'm not a newbie to the insurance world, and I put in my time to be successful.

However, there is alot to be said about working on the things that make the most money.

For me answering billing questions and doing paperwork were not those things.

The Pareto principle states that 20% of our activities produce 80% of our results. I believe this to be true.

So the right question for the group should have been "What IS The 20% that you find most productive in your business to generate income?"

Obviously some people are better at focusing on this 20% than others.

I know half a dozen agents who could work 4 hours a day (they really probably work LESS than this anyway in the office) if they stopped surfing the web, chatting on the phone to friends, checking email, and shooting the bull with the staff.

I love you guys. In my new career I have found a great group of people that speak from the hip!! With one exception !The advice, I have been able to learn something new everytime I am in here. My first career was kicking doors in and destroying my body trying to help people who would rahter see me dead. Now I can walk into a house and give help where it is welcomed!! I dont know about working 4 hours a week but it smells!!

Does the 4 hour work week include a paid lunch break?

Do I have to work all 4 hours at once? I'm not sure I can do that. I'd prefer to split it up to 2 2 hour days, with an hour lunch break on both days.

When do I start?

kicking doors in and destroying my body trying to help people who would rahter see me dead

This business is the same.

You just haven't met those folks yet.

But if you should hear Dueling Banjo's playing . . .

Back